No announcement yet.

List of units in Civ3 based on screen shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You mean no one reported the Mounted Warrior? I remember it being revealed months ago. If anyone wants it, it's on the old Civs Included thread.
    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

I think you should put a big ol' question mark next to "Russian special unit." When asked (in the most recent Ask the Civ Team) if the Russian UU is the Cossack, they replied that they were keeping their lips shut, wihch probably means it's not the MiG they showed us earlier, and might not be the Cossack.
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Comment

We knew about the Iroquois special unit from a long time ago, but we didn't know neither it's name nor it's stats. This is why it has been added now.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hmm...there are no threads currently topped in this forum. I would like to suggest that this one be topped. Excellent thread, but it keeps falling to the bottom of the list until a new unit is revealed.

Comment

This and Ribannah's Wonders thread should be plastered at the top.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Helicopter Stats
              Offensive: 0
              Defensive: 4
              Range: 4
              Cost: 80
              Capacity: 2 Foot Units
              Has Radar
              Immobile - What is it? - Can you not transport it with other units?
              Attached Files
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It looks to be like the Cargo Copter from CtP 2. Transports infantry, can't be transported itself.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                  It looks to be like the Cargo Copter from CtP 2. Transports infantry, can't be transported itself.
                  Makes sense.

For a unit icon, it is shown on the Firaxis.com flash animation as a double-rotored transport helicopter (looks like the Civ2 helicopter)

Hopefully any units it's carrying are not damaged as the helicopter is if it's caught out of a city after its turn is finished

Comment

I wonder here. If an enemy kills your cargo copter with an interceptor, what happens? Do the carried units die, or fall to the ground?
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• I think you should put a big ol' question mark next to "Russian special unit." When asked (in the most recent Ask the Civ Team) if the Russian UU is the Cossack, they replied that they were keeping their lips shut, wihch probably means it's not the MiG they showed us earlier, and might not be the Cossack.
                      In the dutch PC-Zone magazine (see also thread http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...213#post512499) it is confirmed that the russians have the cossack:

PC Zone Okotober 2001, pag. 28
                      Elke beschaving kan een speciale eenheid bouwen, die uniek is voor die beschaving. Zo hebben de Zulu's een Impi, de Duitsers de Panzer, de Amerikanen de F15 en de Russen kozakken.

Comment

• Originally posted by Solver
                        I wonder here. If an enemy kills your cargo copter with an interceptor, what happens? Do the carried units die, or fall to the ground?
                        Same thing isn't it? If you fell to the ground out of a chopper, odds are you'd be dead too. I see no reason why they would change the transport rules (all units die if transport destroyed) just because it's no a helicopter transport.

I really like the idea of a helicopter transport. With the limiting movement speed and inability to use enemy roads, it makes infantry much more viable, unlike in Civ2, where after tanks, infantry sucked for anything but garrison duty or marines.

Comment

• Stats for the Modern Armor: 24.14.3?
                          The movement on the pictures says 2/3 I’ve seen a picture of the battleship saying both 2/4 and 1/4, so it might be 2 or 3 left, which gives a total of 3.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• good catch on that guys, i updated the list

as for total movement, the second number is for the total amount of movement points the unit has correct grampos?

what i am wondering, is why is the chinese rider unit and the cavalry unit as fast as modern armor?

please tell me that a german panzer tank (panther, tiger) won't be faster than a modern tank (m-1a2)

Comment

• Originally posted by korn469
                              as for total movement, the second number is for the total amount of movement points the unit has correct grampos?
                              That is how it appear to be, but it might as well be something that is moving on roads and consumes 1/3 of a point each movement, as in Civ2, but That wouldn’t explain why I've seen a battleship with 2/4 and 1/4. . Anyone else can update us on this?

what i am wondering, is why is the chinese rider unit and the cavalry unit as fast as modern armor?

The rider should be faster in forests, hills and mountains, but not on roads, grassland, plains and other flat terrain.

Comment

• I don't think the samurai would be considered a mounted unit
                                Its more swordsman then Knight. Though they did have an extremely strict code of honour.

Comment

Working...
                                X