Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Apolyton Pessimistic Civers Club (OfAPeCiClu): Now Accepting Applicants!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cyber: I'll gladly offer to be a good enemy as well! And the image is quite nice, but I'll keep the plain ol' dog for a while! Thanks, though.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

None of our pessimism is or will be "unbased"
      So far your club hasn't stated any official public statement, thus I can't argue you on this right now.
      If I look back to the past of the club's president I'm holding my breath about next to come unbased pessimism.

But if you're right and no pessimism will come out of your mouth I'm sure we can concider that to be a victory to the realistic club, and be happy that we have influenced your club in a positive way !
      Formerly known as "CyberShy"
      Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Hey, take credit for the sun rising, too!
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

that would be too optimistic !
          please try harder to sound realistic if you ever want to be a good vp of our club !
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

well, you took it for sidgolf sunrise is still a more pleasurable experience

Comment

My Statement about the Club

sorry bout the dbl post

Comment

My Statement about the Club

Here's the reasons that I joined the club:

-I am concerned over the development of two major titles at once, both being led by Sid(thus divideing his time between the two games).

- I think that the Civ series should continue to be the standard for TBS games. The lack of real evolution in the Civ3 concerns me on this. If things go as planned for the MOO3 team we may be calling Civ3 "MOO on earth".

- I was really hoping that Friaxis whould listen to some of the great ideas in the list, and take most of them to create revolutionary TBS game(instead of a minor one). since Civ3 is going to be a evolution in the series, i am disappinted)

-The lack of any news abour Civ3 for awhile(at least any intersting ones), instead most of the news has been about SimGolf.

- The screenshots with the ugly terrain. I hope that it is alpha graphics that we are seeing.

- My worst fear is that Civ3 will turn out to be SMAC all over again.

That's why I joined the club, since yin26 has been one of the leading critics about Civ3 and I belive that we are being short shafted by Fraixis. and I think that this is the feeling of alot of Civers on the board.

Comment

We should all set up a time to go to the next simgolf chat that Sid is in and start spamming tons of civ3 questions. Maybe one of the moderators will say something to Sid about all his civ3 fans who got ignored Maybe it would go to show him which game is more important. Simgolf? Who cares?
                  Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

I joined because I want to be excited about Civ3. That's my primary reason for lurking around here at Apolyton. As I stated in another thread however, the lack of information about Civ3 is starting to make me nervous. I am hoping that by discussing this, we can entice Firaxis into a more open dialogue. I will be very happy if the Civ3 web site goes up and blows me away with its content, but am not counting on it.
                    "Pessimism: Every dark cloud has a silver lining, but lightning kills hundreds of people each year who are trying to find it." - demotivational poster

"It's not rocket scientry, you know." -anonymous co-worker

Comment

Please sign me up.

Yins posts have given me the most hope for Civ III I have seen in several months.

Comment

YIN'S posts?! Some of his thoughts were pessimistic to the point that they were disturbing, like he was on drugs or something

Comment

re:Club's First Discussion

Is there a log of the chat availiable for those who missed it? I would like to read it.

Comment

Is there a log of the chat availiable for those who missed it? I would like to read it.
                            I'd be interested in this too. Did any civ3 questions slip through the moderators?

Comment

no transcript availiable, but we got some screenshots
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I know I may have already joined the pessimist club but I'm not really sure if I'm a 100% pessimist. I know I'm not a realist nor am I an optimist. The only reason why I joined this club is because I liked Yin's vistion statement. I don't feel that the vision statement is very pessimistic, though. I'm not really sure what it is but I know that's what I am. I think it might be a combination of many things. I don't mean to sound unloyal, I'm trying to show some honesty. What would I really qualify under? I do happen to like this club except for the fact that a pessimist is a person who expects the worst. I don't expect the worse, I only like to state the worst that could happen. I don't really think the worst will happen but to prevent any chance of the worst happening I show my fears. This is something I completely showed in the previous colonies thread. What I'm getting at is that I don't think I'm a pessimst, a realist, or an optimist. I think I might just be well I don't know. What do you think?
                                However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Working...
                                X