Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Apolyton Pessimistic Civers Club (OfAPeCiClu): Now Accepting Applicants!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Apolyton Pessimistic Civers Club (OfAPeCiClu): Now Accepting Applicants!

As president of the OfAPeCiClu, I was delighted a few moments ago to see H Tower asking to join. Of course, there are a number of members in spirit, but anybody wanting to officially join should please post your intentions here.

Of course, you might be wondering: "What are the goals and intentions of this club?" Well, I think our first step should be to make a VISION STATEMENT. From there, we can decide what, if any, activities we will undertake. I welcome the feedback of new members and offer a sample from which we might work:

The OfAPeCiClu VISION STATEMENT:

We, the members of the OfAPeCiClu, believe above all things that Civ 3 is truly "The People's Game." Therefore, be it through constructive criticism or earnest entreaty, we will seek at every turn to raise issues of concern in order that open discussions of Civ 3's development will remain of the highest priority both to the fans and to Firaxis. We do this NOT to detract from Civ 3's creation but, rather, to help guide it to the greatest possible success.

The OfAPeCiClu MOTTO: (also open to change)

Criticism is just optimism looking for the light at the end of the tunnel.

Definition of PESSIMISM:

1 : an inclination to emphasize adverse aspects, conditions, and possibilities or to expect the worst possible outcome. Now if you do that in order to help KEEP THE WORST from happening, then you are a big help of the game in my opinion. Add to that we WILL offer praise when we see stuff we like, and you can understand we are not empty bashers but concerned fans.

CURRENT MEMBERS: (joined date in D - M - Y TIME format)

A. Jeje2: 20-07-2001 18:06 (offered to join before the official announcement!)
    1. H Tower: 27-07-2001 08:49
    2. Rommel393: 27-07-2001 12:13
    3. CivPatriot: 27-07-2001 12:17
    4. MORON: 27-07-2001 12:19
    5. tniem: 27-07-2001 15:42
    6. Beckdawg: 27-07-2001 16:03
    7. Grumbold: 27-07-2001 19:55
    8. Slax: 27-07-2001 23:08 (EXACT same time as One More Turn!)
    9. One More Turn!: 27-07-2001 23:08 (EXACT same time as Slax)
    10. jglidewell: 28-07-2001 04:01
    11. Zanzin: 28-07-2001 15:56
    12. DarkCloud 29-07-2001 02:09
    13. UberKruX: 29-07-2001 11:56
    14. Simpleton: 29-07-2001 12:09
    Last edited by yin26; July 29, 2001, 03:53.
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Let me be the first to join Yin! Though I am a natural optimist but I will forgoe my foolish ideals and join your nation of pessimists to make civ3 the greatest civ of all time. We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!
    Last edited by Rommel393; July 26, 2001, 22:47.
    Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

With your permission Yin I will but the motto and name of OfAPeCiClu to my signature.
      Last edited by Rommel393; July 26, 2001, 22:57.
      Second official member of OfAPeCiClu [as of 27-07-2001 12:13pm]: We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!

Comment

I like this idea

yun26, are infrequent posters allowed to join this great club? If so can I join?

Comment

can lurking spammer join too?

Comment

Welcome, Rommel! Yes, please update your sig if you like the motto. Of course, this ain't bad, either: "We will force firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!" LOL! Might be a bit too strong with 'force' and 'negativity,' but darn catchy.

CivPatriot and MORON: Not only are infrequent posters welcome, but I think they (and lurkers) represent a large portion of the Poly visitors. I'd be delighted to see them join in.

One thing I want to stress: This should NOT become and Anti-Firaxis movement that bashes and whines. Rather, a vocal movement that constructively keeps important topics on the table in the hopes they will not be forgotten.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

Excellent. Yin which should i put in my sig? The one about forcing firaxis through our negativity or the motto? Maybe all members should come up with their own personal mottos and your's (being the president) will be the official one. How bout that?

Comment

Sounds good. I only ask that you change the word 'force' to something like 'inspire.' Thanks!

Comment

Thanks yin26, even though you are no longer a mod your infulence in this Forum is still felt.

Hey, Friaxis is not perfect, but they are one of the best in the business, and its our job as gamers(and fans of Sid) to keep them that way by constructive criticism. May Civ3 be the best game in the world!!

Comment

Sounds good Yin. Although I liked force inspire isnt bad. I guess I'll use that unless I think of something better.

Comment

I only say that so we can keep a positive spin. Nobody likes to be forced to do anything, but if we can simply show our good intentions, we might see some results.

Comment

Hey how do you like this Yin?

Comment

I like inspire better. sounds less militant. I think that our first thread should be a poll to seperate this forum into General, Sugesstions, List(as if it is going to be used now).
                          Last edited by CivPatriot; July 26, 2001, 23:13.

Comment

Proud member

i am of course glad to be accepted into this fine establishment. Which motto did you finally decide upon? "We will inspire firaxis to make a GOOD game through our sheer negativity!" or
                            "Criticism is just optimism looking for the light at the end of the tunnel"
                            do we get a fancy description like yours or are we stuck with chieftan or warlord until we do something really spectacular?

I welcome Rommel393, CivPatriot, MORON as equals and hope that we may help firaxis to see the light and release Civ3 in october as a finished product with the greatest graphics and gameplay!

Comment

Rommel: Looks great! Funny and upbeat but with a point.

CivPatriot: I suppose we'll need to see how much support we get first. We might be all there is!...and then the flood of "You guys are whankers" could show up, so in a few days I think we'll have a better idea what we can do.

H Tower: I don't know about the motto. It's up to the group. When we get more members (if?), we'll open it up if we need to. Otherwise, as Rommel suggested, we could each have our own motto, or you chose one you like. The only thing is we shouldn't have mottos floating around we can't all agree on.

As for a title change:

MARKOS: Since you were so kind as to put that title on me in the first place (), I wonder if these great members can't have a title? If they want one, would you give them the opportunity?

Comment

Working...
                              X