No announcement yet.

Which Civ2 Should Be Out Of Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hear alot of rants about how great/bad different nations/civs are and im wondering, if you havent been to these countries how could you possibly know how it is/was? Especially this war about the US, how much of your opinions are based on solid knowledge?
    It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

• trdi: i surely was
      wille: was in the us. was fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Greek
        It is a clear case of ignorance. Have you ever seen a european saying North America, Canada and mexico make up the USA?
        Maybe not, but I have also never met a European who actually knew that North America is actually more than just Canada, the USA and Mexico. It in fact includes all of the so-called Central American countries and all of the Carribean island nations. Oops, The Greek opens mouth and inserts foot...

Comment

• I don't understand why you think that these sorts of facilities are not available in any modern city
          I do undertand that these places are in foreign major cities. I doubt that they're in fairly small cities like mine (Gilbert, 100,000 pop.). What I said is only the tip of the iceberg. They are probably even in moderate size cities as well.

tech, i bet you have a 'main street' and 'broad street', right?
          No, there is a lot of major streets. The main city in my state is Phoenix (about 3 mil, used to only be under 1 mil about 15 years ago). There are many suburbs and towns around it, Gilbert (where I live) is one of them.

now tech, join the dark side and say it: "american civ should be out"
          So you admitt it, you people are evil.
          Last edited by TechWins; July 31, 2001, 18:56.
          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• Originally posted by fittstim

Maybe not, but I have also never met a European who actually knew that North America is actually more than just Canada, the USA and Mexico. It in fact includes all of the so-called Central American countries and all of the Carribean island nations. Oops, The Greek opens mouth and inserts foot...
            Well, I do know that, and I'm a european.

Even Cuba is part of North America!
            Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
            If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
            "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

• Nice one.

Comment

• Isn't that taught in Swedish schools? It was back in my day. Okay, so it wasn't that long ago.

Celts - If some indigenous populations should be in, a European one wouldn't go amiss. That means either Celts or Finno-Ugric tribes, the latter of which only traces remained after the Indo-European invasion (The most "Civ-Like" Finno-Ugric tribe, the Magyars, invaded thousands of years later from the east).

Japanese - A culturally and ethnically separate entity as well as one of the longest-lasting as a power of the ones listed.

Zulus - Really not much justifying their existance, except for the fact that they're just so cool.

Americans - Definate cultural difference, as well as being the dominant power today.

Aztecs - Bad choice of Latin American civilization, the Mayans (bigger) or the Incas (More Geographically differentiated) would work better. Oh well.

Sioux - Interesting indigenous population. Not good from a "Civ" viewpoint, perhaps.

Carthagians - Offshoot of Phonecians. Perhaps more famous, though.

Mongols - Does "The largest empire the world has ever seen" mean anything to the person who voted for them?

which leaves me voting for...

Vikings. Nothing whatsoever justifies their existance: They lasted as a power for a few dozen years, and a minor one even then. No great leaders or scholars (Alcuin excepted) ever emerged from their midst. Their technical advances were mostly of a military nature, even their amazing work with accurate optics, and much of it was derivative of other cultures. In fact, they were very much "behind" neighbouring nations at the time. As a barbarian tribe, yes, but not as a civilization.
                Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Originally posted by November Adam
                  Calm down, my english friend... those silly Americans seemed to have forgotten that we burned down their White House

But seriously, if people from the States think they live in a great country, they are entitled to that... (even if you and I disagree).

Most of the americans here only seem to freak out if someone makes fun of their country. Which I suppose I would do to, if someone from outside of Canada made fun of it... (except for Toronto, I don't much like Toronto).
                  Right. I never said anything about the U.S. being perfect, I just like living here. There's nothing wrong with me defending my country. (lol ) Every nation has its problems. The people here need to lighten up. NO, not all Americans are arrogant and stupid. The U.S. isn't out to destroy the world. And Adam: you're going to pay for that damn White House

Side note: to greek and other who insist on flaming: go read the FAQ and rules.
                  Last edited by Sabre2th; July 31, 2001, 09:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trdi
                    Blah Blah Blah Blah
                    I'm at work, so I can't analyze your post right now, but you and some of the other people need to stop flaming. If you can tell me what is so perfect about your country, I'll believe everything you say. I'll even stop my rampage in which I'm trying to destroy the world.

Just to poke a little fun:
                    if there woudn't be WWII, USA wouldn't be half that strong than it is today
                    So, in a way, it's all of the rest of the world's fault that America is so powerful now? In that case, all of the stuff you flame America about is actually your own fault

Comment

• if there woudn't be WWII, USA wouldn't be half that strong than it is today
                      Originally posted by Sabre2th
                      So, in a way, it's all of the rest of the world's fault that America is so powerful now? In that case, all of the stuff you flame America about is actually your own fault
                      Yeah, lets blame Hitler for it. At least that is one scapegoat that almost everyone can agree to revile.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

• hahahahhahaah
                        don't forget it is the US who is engaging in massive cover up of UFOs and aliens and staging a fake moon landing
                        cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by fittstim

Don't forget Greenland.... (Is Greenland still a part of Denmark?....just curious)
                          What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabre2th

. And Adam: you're going to pay for that damn White House

I think we already have.... it's name is Lord Stanley's Cup.. something we poor Canucks will never see again (pout).

(That Cup has to be worth one White House )
                            What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

• it's autonomous region of denmark

Comment

• LOL LaRusso. So how are things in Yurip? (Bush-speak)

Comment

Working...
                                X