No announcement yet.

Which Civ2 Should Be Out Of Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more proud on our history that I would be as an American on American history. On a short history, based on killing, slavery and, today, endangering the whole planet. When will USA sign Kjoto(the only one remaining), children protection(just USA and Nigeria haven't signed it, I think), anti-biological weapon (again, only USA need biological weapons) and other treaties? Without these basic human concepts, USA are not in the civilized world even TODAY. Karantanija was more democratic than USA today and you can view on democracy from any angle you want. I was talking about CULTURE, my dearest friend. Americans don't have ANY culture at all, comparing to European countries, so I really don't understand what are they doing in Civilisation?

Comment

Originally posted by November Adam

I stand corrected, are there any other countries where this is the case? (Understanding that each language will have their own word).
      I'm not sure, but I mentioned that because Spanish is one of the main languages of the Americas. As for the others, I know that in English and French this is not the case but I'm not sure about Portuguese.
      "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
      "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Trdi
        I'm more proud on our history that I would be as an American on American history. On a short history, based on killing, slavery and, today, endangering the whole planet. When will USA sign Kjoto(the only one remaining), children protection(just USA and Nigeria haven't signed it, I think), anti-biological weapon (again, only USA need biological weapons) and other treaties? Without these basic human concepts, USA are not in the civilized world even TODAY. Karantanija was more democratic than USA today and you can view on democracy from any angle you want. I was talking about CULTURE, my dearest friend. Americans don't have ANY culture at all, comparing to European countries, so I really don't understand what are they doing in Civilisation?

hehe okay,
        americans accuse me of american bashing, now you are trying to accuse me of glorifying america....
        all that you said above is true, except for the bit about karantanijan democracy - karantanija was a feudal feifdom so we need not get into its democratic standards. i've said all i had about americans and how nice it would be to have them in the game as an english civil war fraction instead of a full civ. now since we both agree on that, stop selling me the remarkable history of slovenia (actually 90% of the westerners still confuse you with slovakia)

Comment

What the f... does this matter to me?! About Karantanija... Read some more books or at least articles about voting their chiefs (who voted them and how). Again, repeating: I was talking about pur culture! Is that too hard to understand? American culture can't be compared to European cultures? Ok? Would you, please, reveal your home country? Middle Europe, where?

Comment

now as you know, the concept of mitteleuropa is cherished by many people there, especially slovenians, when it was politically oportunistic.
            you are asking me to reveal the exact location so that you can pinpoint something and start some vitriolic attacks. i am sorry if i have insulted mighty caranthanian democracy, craddle of western civilization. slovenians should definitely be included into civ3. come to think of it, i will start another poll about that

Comment

I believe there was another thread regarding civs as nations, or civs as cultures (my apologies for taking this out of context improperly). I guess the biggest thing is, should we put in true
              "civilizations" (those which started long ago), or nations...

I think it would be fun to play this game with the names of civs w/ ancient origins.

IMO
              What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

Originally posted by November Adam
                I believe there was another thread regarding civs as nations, or civs as cultures (my apologies for taking this out of context improperly). I guess the biggest thing is, should we put in true
                "civilizations" (those which started long ago), or nations...

I think it would be fun to play this game with the names of civs w/ ancient origins.

IMO
                hm an interesting idea...but a very hard to implement. imagine discussion on whom to include as civ (and not a nation) and the ensuing row over whether us or uk have to get out

Comment

Originally posted by JellyDonut

I'm not sure, but I mentioned that because Spanish is one of the main languages of the Americas. As for the others, I know that in English and French this is not the case but I'm not sure about Portuguese.
                  Didn't you read my post above?
                  "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                  Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                  Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                  Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

Well, it doesn't really matter, but I would say you are from Austria. There's a lot of nacists there even today. I don't want to insult you or any other from your country, but Austria really is covered in smoke of anti-slovenian propaganda, that's why I think so... and du hast the word "mittel" geschreiben... or is it geschrieben? I'm not sure.

Comment

To true, one way to stay neutral is to go back before the UK, was such... when they were Anglos, and Saxxons... or even further (my history is rusty, so I don't know what they were before that).

Regarding civs that were wiped out long ago, they SHOULD be in a game, because with you as ruler, you could help them avoid being wiped out.

Comment

Yeah, that's true, but there are SO many "tribes" like that.

Comment

Well, it doesn't really matter, but I would say you are from Austria. There's a lot of nacists there even today. I don't want to insult you or any other from your country, but Austria really is covered in smoke of anti-slovenian propaganda, that's why I think so... and du hast the word "mittel" geschreiben... or is it geschrieben? I'm not sure.
                          i am not austrian, nor am i german
                          es ist geschrieben (perfect )
                          well, i know they have some anti-slovenian propaganda, but you actually should thank them for supporting your independence cause when it was not only tough but also very dangerous.
                          en per, clovek....good for the nerves ciao!

Comment

Not per, it's pir So you are a German speaking North-Italian? I hope you are not one of those who still think that one third of Slovenia belongs to Italy, like it was during the both wars?

Comment

Yeah, that's true, but there are SO many "tribes" like that.
                              Hmmmm, then there would be a pissing match over which tribes could stay, etc. And then all the history buffs on the forum could flex their brains, and strut around calling other people idiots.

(Of course I'm generalizing, still a little sore over my run in with one of these people).

Comment

Not per, it's pir So you are a German speaking North-Italian? I hope you are not one of those who still think that one third of Slovenia belongs to Italy, like it was during the both wars?
                                man, you are really obsessed with nationality. i am not italian, nor tyrolean

Comment

Working...
                                X