No announcement yet.

Which Civ2 Should Be Out Of Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calm down Serapis. From the first glimpse of this poll it was obvious there would be at least a few votes against America. If you start lumping all "Euro's" into one collective mass to rant at you really will deserve a backlash, and this arguement has already been fought to a standstill on many other posts.
    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
    H.Poincaré

Comment

Americans should defently be in the game, while the celts don't need to be in the game!!!

But why delete a nation? The more the marrier!!! Isn't it that they say?
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I see where you're coming from, Grumbold, but he makes a very good point. America has its own culture, whether people here want to admit it or not and it is one of the most influential enitities in world affairs in the modern world. Many, many things wouldn't (or couldn't) have happened in the world without the United States.

Comment

I believe I said the very same thing on a different post. But hurling accusations back and widening them to include people who didn't even refer to America is just making things worse. This needs to stop
          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
          H.Poincaré

Comment

I voted against the Americans because I knew that would piss of a lot of Americans!

I was really amused when I saw that I was not the only one!

Seriously though, I agree with ADG that there should be more civs in stead of less. At least the Dutch should be added!
            Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
            If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
            "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

Who voted for the vikings?
              It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

They're a c**p team, they deserve to be voted out
                H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Grumbold
                  They're a c**p team, they deserve to be voted out
                  Now is when im supposed to write an angry reply and flame you is it?
                  BTW, does anyone know where Ralf has gone?
                  Last edited by Footie Mad; July 26, 2001, 11:49.
                  It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

We have enough civs of European descent in the game. It makes sense for me to delete at least one of them to make room for a non-European civ. It just makes sense to get rid of the Americans because they have been around for only 200 years and had most of their glory in the past 70 years or so.
                    "Proletarier aller Länder, vereinigt euch!" -- Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels
                    "If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, that's a victory." -- Irish proverb

Proud member of the Pink Knights of the Roundtable!

Comment

Originally posted by Wille
                      Could someone please enlighten me as to why the Sioux/Irouqis deserve to be in civ3, im sure they had some great acheviements in order to just be a part of the discussion but as my american history isn't that great I would appreciate your info.
                      I actually didn't vote for anyone of the civs, couldn't see a good reason to do so.

The Native Americans are good to have in because they were a people that were spread from the Arctic to the Equator, it makes you wonder how they would have developed if they were less nomadic? (Granted the Aztecs, and Mayans, share their origin, and developed into quite the empires for their time).
                      What if your words could be judged like a crime? "Creed, What If?"

Comment

I picked the Celts for the same reason TechWins picked the Carthaginians. To me, Celts are not the Scottish.. they are nature druids and, to me, had no real significants. I would also like to say that the American civ is very vaque. American today includes Canadians, United State citizens, Mexican to some extent all of the West Hemisphere. But most people here imply that the civ Americans is only the United States... because the leaders name, city name, etc. I think that the name should change to United States, or something equal to that, or make the civ truely 'American' and add canadian, and mexican city names and leaders.
                        "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

Canadians, are damn well NOT americans!!!!!!!

We share much culturally, but we are a soveriegn nation!

(Goes into a huff, stamping around, swigging some beer).

Comment

So your denying the fact that the nation of Canada is located in the North American continent? Logically Canada is an American nation.

I already know Canada is a seprate nation
                            The civ Americans implies to me that it includes the cultures, and peoples of the America continent. Its like.... England. We dont have 4 Civs to for england (Britan, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) We combine the all. But those people in those areas my have a small accent diffrenece, but are not seperate nations. Thats what American civ does. It combines seperate nations in a large area together. It shouldnt.
                            Last edited by To_Serve_Man; July 26, 2001, 15:37.
                            "Mr. Chambers! Don't get on that ship! We've mastered the book, To Serve Man.... it - its a cook book!"

Comment

Originally posted by To_Serve_Man
                              So your denying the fact that the nation of Canada is located in the North American continent? Logically Canada is an American nation.
                              No, I'm not denying that, I'm saying American, as it known the world around refers to the USA. The people who, live in the States refer to themselves, as Americans. The people who live in Canada, refer to themselves as Canadian.

You might as well say American refers to Everyone who lives in Greenland down to Argentina, as we are all Americans (north and south).

Don't get me wrong I'm not pissed off, I just thought you comment was silly.

Comment

Originally posted by To_Serve_Man
                                I just bought BG2: Throne of Bhaal yesterday and on the box it says " European version - Not for sale in North America or Canada -this game will not install on North American or Canadian systems"

Comment

Working...
                                X