Which Civ2 Should Be Out Of Civ3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TechWins
    I'm sorry to all those people who voted for the Americans because you are jealous people.
    Bitter foreigners, if they want a Civ3 without the Americans, maybe they should get a European designer to create it. Not only will the game have the Americans as a full blown civilization, but it'll be released to them months after it is in the States. Sucks to be you guys

Comment

Ok you're right, I shouldn't say that you told me to do so. You only suggested the idea and I used that idea. Sorry about that.
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Well don't let it be said, that people aren't up to date (or alternatively thoroughly confused) about their geography.

America is not actually an entity. There are two continents with America in their name: North America and South America.

USA stands for the United States of America whereas Mexico's offical name is the United States of Mexico (USM???).

America came to signify the USA when all the European immigrants came to North America in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They really meant North America but "America" was just as descriptive a term and most of them wound up in the USA anyways.

Inhabitants of the USA have, as an adjectorial description of their nationality, the term Americans. This just confuses the matter even more.

Europeans are just as geographically confused as North Americans. Cyprus (which is a part of Asia) is seeking membership into the "European Union". And every year, both Israel and Cyprus take part in the Eurovision Song Contest.

There is not a single person in the department where I work (Natural Geography Institution) that knows that North America includes all of Latin America (which is NOT a continent) down to Panama and all of the Carribean Islands. These, my friends, are all a part of "North America".

Can't change the continents just because most people are [edited]...

I say out with the Sioux. They never build an empire and they are so easy to manipulate.

Comment

I voted the Japanese out. Why I don't know exactly, but I felt it had to either the Japanese or the Americans. I just took the one I wanted most away... Good reason? I don't think so...
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Ok you're right, I shouldn't say that you told me to do so. You only suggested the idea and I used that idea. Sorry about that.
            That's alright, I only griped because I've been up working too long and am getting cranky. Need something to get my interest, so I overreact for the hell of it.

Comment

That and still bitter over my Apol4Elvis failure. Damn you MarkG

Comment

I would like to see an official answer to this pole by firaxis (30,77% for Americans). They exist few centuries only and are not really the civilisation. Why aren't we, the Slovenian in the Civ 3? We had our own country in .... eee... I think in the 7th century. Well, why?

Comment

I would like to see the Americans stay, purely because I enjoy conquering them so much (who doesn't)?

The Japanese got my vote. Their empire was a complete failure, and the ablity to make good electrical products over a 50 year period doesn't really qualify you as a great civilisation.
                  Art is a science having more than seven variables.

Comment

You can't really be serious? How can you compare Americans and Japanese?! Their culture is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Trdi
                      I would like to see an official answer to this pole by firaxis (30,77% for Americans). They exist few centuries only and are not really the civilisation. Why aren't we, the Slovenian in the Civ 3? We had our own country in .... eee... I think in the 7th century. Well, why?
                      well trdi, you are independent for about say 10 years. i reckon americans separated a bit earlier...

Comment

I voted to get rid of America because of all those listed it seemed the strangest to start with in 4000 BCE. I agree with [insert name here] that more choice is better. CTP had lots of civilisations to choose from and I'd like to see that in Civ3. To tell the truth, though, I never choose nations with short histories to play in Civ games. It doesn't feel right. I'd like to see countries like the US and Canada be included as breakaway nations but that's already been forummed to death somewhere else.
                        Formerly known as Masuro.
                        The sun never sets on a PBEM game.

Comment

I'm sorry to all those people who voted for the Americans because you are jealous people.
                          Jealous of what?
                          I'd like to see the Americans stay though, and I'm 100% sure they will.

BTW: I voted Zulus, and I want the Sioux out too.
                          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by November Adam
                            I stand corrected, are there any other countries where this is the case? (Understanding that each language will have their own word).
                            In Portugal we also call the US americans "americanos". Sometimes we also call them specifically "norte-americanos", but that depends on the person...

I voted for Vikings. Their cultural influence wasn't as big as the portuguese on the world. That's why portugal should be IN Civ 3.
                            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
                            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
                            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
                            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

LaRusso, Larusso. Have you ever heard about Karantanija, our country which was on the same area as today Slovenija, just bigger? This was the fisrt Slovenian country and it existed hm... i really can't remember, but I think Samo lived in the 7th century. And USA?????!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trdi
                                LaRusso, Larusso. Have you ever heard about Karantanija, our country which was on the same area as today Slovenija, just bigger? This was the fisrt Slovenian country and it existed hm... i really can't remember, but I think Samo lived in the 7th century. And USA?????!!!!!!!!!!
                                trdi trdi
                                yes i have heard of samo and the 'chair' in the field. now, you were conquered and remained subjects of Austria, then K&K for over 1,000 years. Then part of Yugoslavia one way or another for 70 years. Then 10 years of independence.
                                You really do not cound Samo people walking around with maces as a proper state? Sorry, but 200 years of American history are a real thrill in comparison with 1000 years of being Austrian subjects.

Comment

Working...
                                X