No announcement yet.

Lego FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Lego know our current situation with Printing Press and Democracy? I mean, that it will still take us over 20 turns before we finish research and can gift the first to them as well as starting on the second.

Comment

• Copy of PM sent to Vondrack...

Good evening Vondrack.

I opened up our save tonight and what do I see but a nice little gift of Education from Lego. On behalf of Vox, thank you!

I also wanted to keep you apprised of our research situation. We will have Printing Press 22 turns from 280ad. At that time we will gift you the tech. If Lego is able to send us Banking by then we will be able to begin work on Democracy like the plan that was worked out several weeks ago. With any luck our two nations will be the first to feel a democratic enlightenment.

Again thanks on behalf of Vox.

Regards,

Rhoth.

Comment

• Kloreep, Sharpe, and Nimitz of Lego were all chatting in Tabemono (yep I have four Legos including ZargonX on my DGII team) while playing the turn about having a chat with the members of Vox to keep everyone up to date. I unfortunately missed all the chat (since I left to watch our new Matrix Reloaded DVD with my wife ), but I PMed Kloreep after that to see when and where. I'll keep you apprised.

Comment

• Sounds like a good idea. I would be up for a chat.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• As long as I can get lots of advanced warning I will try to make a chat. My life is a mess right now. Reddi suffered a serious injury at a running event this last weekend. He was in surgery yesterday. I pick him up tonight. I may not be getting on very often so plenty of advance notice is needed for me to get it on my schedule.

Comment

• Understood Harry. I hope Reddi will be fine! I know how life can be a mess. My wife's mother is currently in the hospital (cancer, brain tumors, etc.) She's doing okay right now, but the entire family is on edge at the moment. All we can do is pray.

I can take over the turn play for a while (games are kind of an escape at the moment). However my wife and I will be going on vacation November 8th-15th (barring any unforeseen circumstances) so maybe Beta can play during that time. I'll leave some detailed turn orders before I leave.

Regarding the chat, I'll talk with Kloreep and Zargon to see when they'd like to set it up. I talk to them quite a bit in Tabemono.

Comment

• Good luck with Reddi, Harry. Hope he does well.
                Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Had a quick chat with vondrack this evening. It has been awhile since I have chatted with him.

From what he says, it would appear that the Bobian war is over. GS lost the last battle and a stack of knights. Also - Lego was pretty adamant that GS stay off the continent, and in fact, they had the LEF (Legoland Expeditionary Force) on the continent and only a few turns from engaging. Looks like GS is pulling out from the continent.

We discussed briefly where the game goes from here. I expressed my concern that GoW/ND were becoming a dangerous alliance, and that Lego may be the next target. vondrack did not rule out allying with GS if that was the case. I gave assurance that we would be there to help which ever way it went.

I think we should shoot for the appearance of ultimate neutrality. It may help us in the long run. I did not say this to vondrack, of course.

vondrack was very pleased with the PP-Invention trade we have pulled off with GS. His concern is that they would have had to work out a deal with GoW to get Invention to us.

I told him we do not need Chivalry right yet. You guys let me know when you want it - I can't see any real reason for having it now other than the comfort of having it. And it must give Lego an even greater sense of comfort knowing we do not have it.

As to RP, it is not clear. Looks like they may be forced into our old homeland.

I indicated that we were 11 turns from PP. And that we would probably be able to research our next tech faster - given cash flow and libraries.

And speaking of which - I just checked the save - and this is not definitive as these are techs that everyone but us has - but at a 50% research rate (and we are close to being able to maintain that at zero gpt), Chivalry was 11 turns and Invention 14.

Of course - the question is whether we want to use cash on research or rushing builds. We may have to walk a fine line here. We need to be seen as a somewhat valuable partner.

Also - with the war over - we may be able to collect our cash from GoW.

vondrack said hi and wished us well.

Comment

• I fully agree with giving the appearance of ultimate neutrality. Everyone knows Lego helped us out, but if we only appear like we are in bed with Lego the others might suspect things. If we appear as if we are fully autonomous (which we essentially are, just that we want to help Lego win) then others will be more inclined to deal with us.

I have not really looked at the possibilities of faster research yet, but I would like to do so if we can..as much to be a valuable trading partner as anything. However, I do not want to back off building up our military again. I am torn about chivalry right now. On the one hand it would be nice to build horsemen and upgrade, but we'd need a lot more cash than we have for that to be significant. If we received chivalry we could build knight units straight out. Perhaps after a few horsemen are built then we can take a look at getting chivalry. Plus our cash flow will be better later anyway once we get some marketplaces built.

Also, Beta perhaps you can verify with Vondrack about the possibilities of receiving banking from them (if they have it) before we finish printing press. If we can, then we can start right in on researching democracy.

Comment

• Rhoth - Ok - will make the inquiry.

Comment

• (Let me know what you think before I send it. Thx.)

Dear Lego Leaders,

The people of Vox have a couple of inquiries and points for discussion.

To start with, I have been asked to inquire about obtaining banking prior to us completing printing press. This will allow us to start researching democracy immediately on a gpt basis.

Also - do you have astronomy - and can we trade for it, buy it, or beg for it? We would promise not to trade it.

The reason regarding the latter is that our galley survey has revealed the potential of an island to our NW. Utilizing caravels we could possibly expand our small geographic area to further enhance our research capabilities.We could risk an empty galley run to discover the island - but we cannot possibly risk a settler as well.

And finally, on the same theme of geographic expansion, I have been asked to inquire about the squiggle of land south of Memory and SeaBiscuit. (the isthmus that ends in a "T", with a mountain on its north end.) Can we negotiate for this parcel of land for settlement? Our city would go on the middle hill tile. We would never station any troops in the city, unless with your approval in crisis situations. We would allow, even encourage you to station a unit on the mountain to keep an eye on things. We would ensure its expansion never goes beyond using the two or three plains tiles to the SW. And we would work with you to bring irrigation up from the south.

Your thoughts or ideas or responses on these matters would be appreciated. We are also available to chat about these, or any other matters, at your convenience.

Regards ...Beta, on behalf of Vox C.

edit - typos cleaned up - and sent to vondrack and ZargonX of Lego.
                        Last edited by Beta; December 19, 2003, 08:53.

Comment

• It looks good to me. You might mention that I'm available to chat too. I'm usually available for chat after 6pm Pacific Time and often chat with Zargon and Kloreep anyway since I'm in other demogames with them. I'd go ahead and send it, though you do have a spelling error in the sentence about stationing a unit near the new city if we get it.

I still don't believe we will get the land for that city, based on Vondrack's statements a while back, but it's worth asking and you know Vondrack better than I do.

Once we find out for certain regarding banking and astronomy then I will also be able to get back to GoW and RP about the printing press deals.

Comment

• Looks good, oh '"Beta-of-the-silver-tougue."
                            "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                            "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhothaerill
                              It looks good to me. You might mention that I'm available to chat too. I'm usually available for chat after 6pm Pacific Time and often chat with Zargon and Kloreep anyway since I'm in other demogames with them. I'd go ahead and send it, though you do have a spelling error in the sentence about stationing a unit near the new city if we get it.

I still don't believe we will get the land for that city, based on Vondrack's statements a while back, but it's worth asking and you know Vondrack better than I do.

Once we find out for certain regarding banking and astronomy then I will also be able to get back to GoW and RP about the printing press deals.
                              Thanks for the input Rhoth and Witt. I suspect we will not get the squiggle, but even asking for it might give us some leverage/credit on the other points.

Sending the letter now.

Comment

• to Lego given the GS tech deal...

vondrack and ZargonX...

As previously discussed with vondrack in a chat, we have indeed finalized our trade with GS. We have received invention this turn. We will be sending them printing press in 10 turns upon its completion.

And as also indicated in my previous note, the nation of Vox Controli is getting cranked up for gpt tech research. Population and wealth output continue to rise - and more libraries are getting built.

Regards. ....Beta.

Comment

Working...
                                X