No announcement yet.

DIPLO: comments on Rollplay log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They didn't take them out, sleepy. They were never there. They were things that Arnelos and I discussed yesterday.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
      They didn't take them out, sleepy. They were never there. They were things that Arnelos and I discussed yesterday.
      Ah, thats better then. probably just an oversight then

Comment

• Article VII, Clause 3 edited

3. Future agreements between the partners and with foreign powers may be created and both partners pledge to do their utmost to find mutually beneficial solutions for the partners in all such cases, but ultimately the nation of the Gathering Storm has the right to veto potential agreements by Spain with foreign powers and thus carries an obligation to honor future agreements made by Spain with foreign powers.

Arnelos had some concerns re the subject to clause. We worked it out so that Spain gets similar protection to avoid breaking agreements.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Can someone tell Arnelos to start backing down from being so combative with GoW in the public forum?

Ideally, we want the ND backstab.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• I am going to send the treaty signed and ratified by GS very soon, if no one objects. I want to get them to get moving.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
              I am going to send the treaty signed and ratified by GS very soon, if no one objects. I want to get them to get moving.

Thats pretty ridiculous that they haven't ratified it, after all, they sent it to us, wouldn't they have approved it already? Granted, there are some minor alterations...

Comment

• bah, they'll probably roleplay its acceptance by the king... who needs advice from the pope and some headless GoW informant

DeepO

Comment

• Originally posted by DeepO
                  bah, they'll probably roleplay its acceptance by the king... who needs advice from the pope and some headless GoW informant

DeepO
                  I just hope there's no on roleplaying as a GoW mole or something...

Comment

• SR, please send a note back to the pope asking to keep your assignment away from the public for now...

DeepO

Comment

• Frater Ralphus. Or, I should say CARDINAL Ralphus.

That was a very nice touch, SR.

Great job by NYE working out the treaty. Still, this is gonna be a very close run thing.

-Arrian
                      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• BTW, is anyone interested in becoming the High Priest of the Chicken? I think RP will appreciate the roleplay, and as said before, we shouldn't just convert to their religion without at least some 'fight'

DeepO

Comment

• And who would appoint you High Priest of the Chicken? It has to be one of the "heathens", as Cardinal Ralphus is now catholic. Besides, roleplaying will certainly create trust and may grow into friendship, if done right. It's the only reason I'm doing this.

Comment

• Besides, roleplaying will certainly create trust and may grow into friendship, if done right. It's the only reason I'm doing this.
                            I knew that the moment I saw the PMs. It's the smart play.

As a military man myself, I don't care what God(s) we pray to, so long as they're on our side in battle

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• everyone who wants too roleplay can become high priest... I know why you're doing it, SR (or at least I think so), and would certainly 'step up to the catholic missionary' however roleplay isn't really my style... sorry.

DeepO

Comment

• DRAFT

His Holiness the Pope Calixtus I,

Your Eminence, I am a simple man.

I speak not with the flowery words of the diplomat. I speak most often with the coarse language of the battlefield, and, infrequently, of a rhetoric to stir my men's souls.

For some time now, I have been... distraught. As your Holiness may not know, I lost my two sons, valiant young men, in the battle with Vox at Arashi9. Since that evil day, my life has been an empty shell; even watching the final elements of the Voxodus unfold has brought but a small spark of pleasure to me.

This Grand Alliance between Spain and Egypt, however... it has woken something in me, a desire and growing hunger for the world. I wonder if this is not fate, if this indeed does not mean something more than just politics and war, but if the Alliance, and the exposure to your ways and beliefs, might not have meaning for me personally.

I question my long-held belief in Chickenism, and wonder whether your way, following the teachings of Cathol, might be in my future. I would learn of you and from you...

But I have had my eyes opened to new wonders... and that they be threatened by heathens such as these Chinese and Arabs, why, my anger BURNS on your behalf, and I will not stand for it.

Put simply, my sword is at your feet.

/me kneels and bows, holding for sword for blessing
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X