• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daddy-O
    well bounced Daddy-O
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

• Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Bumped for reference.
        *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Yes was a wild time.
          Long Live The Horde
          Marshal of the Concordian Armed Forces
          Membership Officer of the Axe Grinders Guild

Comment

• seems so long ago
            anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• May the past stay well behind us, and a bright future in front.
              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• However, those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.
                Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

• Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                  However, those who ignore the past are doomed to repeat it.
                  Good quote, now who said it
                  *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• erm, I did...

Oh you mean the original author! George Santayana, from the Life of Reasons -- and I admit to paraphrasing the original quote as the wording is different. However, it's the paraphrasing that people are more familiar with.

Comment

• Hmmmmm, I always thought it was Churchill who came up with this quote.

Comment

• Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. In the first stage of life the mind is frivolous and easily distracted, it misses progress by failing in consecutiveness and persistence. This is the condition of children and barbarians, in which instinct has learned nothing from experience.

George Santayana, The Life of Reason, Volume 1, 1905

Comment

• Lets get this clear... & not re-write history.
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• Let's get this clear...and write an accurate history.

For history must first be written to be rewritten. Supposition and recollection must eventually be subplanted by fact. When, and if, this eventually happens...then we can see the odd every 6 month or so posts here start to go away.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

• My comment was a direct reference to another thread on this topic. PLATO I have no idea what you suppose, recollect, or intend to subplant by your comments nor do I care. I think we should repect James on this matter and for the sake of Apolyton let it go. Then we can see the odd every 2 1/2 month post here start to go away.

edit:
                              PLATO - I must add that through out this ugliness you have been a voice of reason. A voice of reason that I usually agreed with. I do not wish to start a fight with you now after all this time. I just did not want the other thread to be the lone source of history on this topic.
                              Last edited by Daddy-O; February 20, 2007, 17:10.
                              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

• So Plato, where's that history?
                                No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                                X