No announcement yet.

Runoff For Term 8 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh... this is honestly closer than I figured it. I honestly thought that with Aggie joining Aro's ticket, this race was over.

My sincere thanks to the citizens of Apolytonia for keeping this race nearly tied

As for the party politics... I don't have time to compose something at the moment. I'll have to come back later when I'm done with working on RL stuff I have to do
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
      Huh... this is honestly closer than I figured it. I honestly thought that with Aggie joining Aro's ticket, this race was over.
      Nah... You didin't!

I'm just trying to provoke Arnelos...

Btw, guys, keep voting!
      Pick one. Arnelos is an excellent candidate (in fact, he is an excellent Prez), and I am... I am... a good cartographer.
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Aro

... I am... a good cartographer.
        Isn't it all about the ever changing nature of the map?
        Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

Originally posted by E_T
          * E_T sits back with his mud gear on and waits for the mudfest to start in full ernest
          It doesn't appear we had to wait all that long....

This is one of the best elections we have had in a long time. This is great. Love it. Super.

I still am not sure who to vote for.... and even if I do I am hesitant to say as it will probably drive everybody away from from them.....

We are already talking about in the court what to do if we this election ends up being a tie, so no needs to worry. Togas is keeping up and keeping everything on track.

Thanks Togas for getting this runnoff up so soon and for taking care of the elections in general.

- GK
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

What should happen if it ties again?

The end of the democracy?

I can see it now:

Armed Rebels clash with Government forces in opposition to Apolyton's failed elections!

Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Yes I can see it the nation splits in to three factions the military who supports Aggie, the workers who support Aro, and finally the busness who support Arnelos. ...and thus the great Apolytonian Republic was end by Germany and Rome do to the country being riped apart by a civil...and that was the start of the end of the world.
              Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
              Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
              President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic

The God Judgment : bare hands duel to death.

But all the associations for the protection of threatened species will object.

So, a duel with arms ? Not the saxophone, nor the piano (I suspect Arnelos to play piano divinely).

Mental calculation perhaps, or vodka drinking ?

Any idea ?
                Statistical anomaly.
                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Looks like the 19 that supported Arnelos & the 19 that supported Aro have now all voted.

This leaves the 11 who voted for Aggie up for grabs.
                  1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                    Looks like the 19 that supported Arnelos & the 19 that supported Aro have now all voted.
                    This would take place in my country, it would rather be that the 19 who voted for Arnelos are now voting for Aro, and the 19 who voted for Aro are now voting for Arnelos. Those people never vote twice for the same guy!
                    Statistical anomaly.
                    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                      That's an easy one. Box up all the ballots and send them to Florida for a recount.

Great debate gentlemen.

I am now off to cast my vote.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

a good thing there arent hundreds of votes, otherwise this would look scarily like the Ninot-Trip fiasco all over again.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn

This leaves the 11 who voted for Aggie up for grabs.
                          Plus me -- I was one of the two who never got around to voting in the first election.

(I know, and I'm sorry -- not that it would've changed anything)

This time, though, I promise to vote -- so the count of votes'll be up to 49, if everyone else reappears.

-- adaMada
                          Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                          PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                          Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I love it . The tension is delicious
                            Aro up by one, but for how long....

mss
                            Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

If there is a tie, there should be a Civ3 PTW game with each pres and vice pres taking one civ. 2 civs on 2 civs.

Last team standing wins the election.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                                If there is a tie, there should be a Civ3 PTW game with each pres and vice pres taking one civ. 2 civs on 2 civs.

Last team standing wins the election.
                                Oh Gawd talk about delay of game....

Hmm....I lead Labor first off. And now I'm in charge of the Military.

It seems the fate of APolyton rests in MY hands!
                                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Working...
                                X