Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War Academy - Persia defeated, Aztec-American War, what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The French war can't be for 17 more turns at least because we don't want a rep hit.

By then, War Werriousness won't be a problem as long as the annexation is quick.

On the keep France as a client state to sell techs to, they don't have enough money to even give us a decent price on Music Theory. Their empire is too small for this. If we don't take France, either the Romans will soon while Legionaries aren't too dated or else the Russians will latter.

If the western set of Palace - Forbidden Palace wins, we will need to Annex France evenually to protect the western most city's Palace / Forbidden Palace.

If the eastern set of Palace - Forbidden Palace wins, we will need to Annex England to protect the eastern most city's Palace / Forbidden Palace.

The Roman army is full of Legionaries that are rapidally becoming out-dated as knowledge of Gunpowder spreads and can't be upgraded. The Russians are the up and coming power on that section of the map, and on the other side the Germans are.

Greece is an important nation, but I have never known the Greeks to declare war on their own in Civ III.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Anything that delays the buildup of Apolyton is basically against our most important needs. If we get gunpowder, and discover we have no saltpeter, but the French do, then a limited war to capture that would be called for. Wars simply for further territorial aggrandizement no longer make sense, and as i have said before, wars for techs, when we are so far behnd, make little sense.

We need our own size 12 cities, pumping out lytons and technologies, not size 8 or 7 cities pumping out knights in 6 turns or so to wage another war.... We are the largest power in the world, the island of Uber is still mostly fallow and open to our colonists, so what do we need french lands for? Glory wil come from our scientiests and merhcats being the most admired in the world, not from endless wars that stiffle our economic growth. If we continue this path- one day a wave of Roman and German cavalry will pounce on our musketmen (hoping we ge them), and were will we be then?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Be warned, by agents have informed me that the peace we made with Persia was only made with Darius II, the son of the former Persian Emperor whom Aggie nailed to a spike at Antioch and then lightly sprinkled the writhing body with sesame seeds to encourage wandering birds to.......

I digress, apparently Persia has fractured into three MIGHTY kingdoms they refer to as sultanates, each one led by one of Darius' three surviving sons. Rumors indicate that while we made peace with Darius II the other two may still be at war with us and that they are attempting to seek allies from beyond the ocean (whatever that means). So be ever vigilant Apolytonians.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; October 8, 2002, 12:50.

Comment

Prediction

[laying out a Banana Tarot deck spread]
          Persia will be likely absorbed by the Aztecs by the end of Term V.
          The Aztecs or English will make first contact with the Lost Civs by Midterm Term V.
          The Germans will attack us around Midterm Term V.
          [/Tarot]

E_T
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Our best chance to prevent Germany from attacking us is to buy Gun Powder quickly, get access to Saltpeter and upgrade the northern border defenses to Musket Men.

Whichever empire between Aztecs, English, and us the Germans think is the weakest will be attacked.
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Re: Prediction

Originally posted by E_T
              [laying out a Banana Tarot deck spread]
              Persia will be likely absorbed by the Aztecs by the end of Term V.
              The Aztecs or English will make first contact with the Lost Civs by Midterm Term V.
              The Germans will attack us around Midterm Term V.
              [/Tarot]

E_T
              Oh oh, I feel another betting thread coming on. I think Persia or Greece has a good shot at being the first to contact the Lost Civs and our civilization appears to be afraid of the water.

Comment

Aztecs are likely to attack the Persians after America is gone as soon as their forces are redeployed.

Persia might be able to bring England or Germany into that war.
                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Let's hope this happens.
                  Hey, maybe we could buy something big from Persia or give them a nice sum of money some other way just after the Aztecs declare war on them so they can bring allies to the war.
                  Such a war will benefit us greatly, since the parties involved will spend resources on military units that will die in the battlefield and their production capabilities will suffer from War Weariness. We should also hope for a situation in which one of Persia's allies signs a peace treaty with the Aztecs before the 20 turns period and thus takes a rep hit - the less rep the AIs have, the less they trade with each other and the less they benefit from trade.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

My worst fear is actually this:

1. Aztec declares war on Persia.

2. Persia gets Germany to join the war against the Aztecs.

3. Before the German forces can get into position, Aztec takes the Sultanate of Hamadan.

4. Germany then gets the upper hand and annexes the southern 1/3rd to 1/2th of Aztec cities before war werrious sets in and a cease fire is reached. (Including the Sultantate of Hamadan and any Aztec ocupplied American city that hasn't yet flipped to us.)

5. But even while the Aztecs are being driven back from there from the Germans, they take over the Sultanates of Sidon and Sardas which elimates the Persians from the game.

Some time later the Germany - Aztec war restarts resulting in the annexation of the rest of the Aztecs to Germany.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

About Montezuma... He has an army (I hate when the AI has an army and I don't...). Boston will fall in few turns.
                      In the army: Three horsemen, 1 Elite. 2 vets. The stack behind the army has archers and a spear.
                      Attached Files
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Boston will most likely fall in exactly 2 turns (after 500 AD). This gives us enough time to bring an additional knight to the vicinity of Boston, declare war in 500 AD and attack with 4 WCs and one knight.
                        Which reminds me: why don't we switch to Republic this turn? If we don't do it now, we'll have to postpone the switch in 20 turns since a government switch during a GA and the anarchy that follows is a terrible waste.
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We are losing valuable time if we don't want the Aztecs to annex America before we can at least snatch a few cities up from under their noses.
                          Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                          Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Screw time, their @#$@# Americans our 6 year old boys could slaughter their finest wariors. Take them NOW!

N O W !

Comment

Call the revolution to Republic this turn right after new worker orders given.
                              Templar Science Minister

Comment

And after the rushes we're planning for this turn (some courthouses and marketplaces) are done.
                                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                                X