Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War Academy - Persia defeated, Aztec-American War, what next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Academy - Persia defeated, Aztec-American War, what next?

The Persian's have been utterly defeated by us in battle and have given in to our demands; they now hold only one city (Hamadan) which is north and borders the Greeks, Germans, and Aztecs.

As I speak the Aztec's and American's are fighting a fierce battle for domination of the American highlands, and soon we shall see Lincoln capitulating. Although progress is being made to "liberate" the American cities from potential Aztec rule, intel predicts that America shall fall to the Aztecs shortly.

While this is going on, we must discuss our options for the future: Some speak of warring with our weak neighbor France. Others look north to the land of the infidel Germans as territory ripe for conquest. And still others propose we draft plans for an invasion of England...

What is our Manifest Destiny and what direction will that destiny carry us?
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Well, this is my personal opinion.

We are somewhat foolish in allowing these beaten civilizations to survive, once they are down to two or three, or in the case of Persia, one city. We should rid ourselves of bad business in future, so as to save ourselves from future (pitiful) nuisance, and to take as much potentially valuable land as possible. In my opinion, we should have destroyed the Americans and the French when we had the chance. In the case of the former, belligerents are now doing that themselves, when we ourselves should be in there taking what is left of Lincoln's land, instead of simply sitting back and watching it all fall. I believe that we should have destroyed Lincoln while we had the chance, instead of letting the Aztecs do it instead. I also think that we should have taken out the pitiful remains of the French "Empire", but now it may be simply foolhardy to try it again, especially if Bismarck is on good terms with Miss d'Arc. Finally, I believe that there is really no reason in the world that we should leave the Persians around, with only one city. It is good business to do away with such problems, even as only an example. The idea of leaving the Persians with a single city strikes me as remotely pitiful, and it is my opinion that we should have occupied Hamadan and executed that war criminal Xerxes, and then settled down to build up our culture. I think that if we start a war to take down an enemy, we shouldn't leave the job half finished, and Persia is an excellent example. If we hadn't just now sent our terms, I'd say we should go in and mop them up for good, it only makes sense.

As for the future, I do think that we must have an up to date defensive/offensive standing army on our hands at all time, especially now that our German friends are building up their own forces, and have a special hatred for our own "unclean race". I don't think, though, that we should in future look for war, but if we are faced with war to save our people, we must not shy away from it.
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

mop op persia, america, and france. our empire sprawls across the entire continent.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Quite. I think it would only be to our benefit to round up all of our old enemies for their just desserts and our benefits. It can only make us more powerful than we already are, the beloved of the banana and the envy of all below the celestial dome.
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

what uber said. From sea to shining sea.
          Duddha: I will return...
          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
          Free California!

Comment

The Persians still have 3 cities, Hamadan, Sardis, and Sidon.

Comment

Re: War Academy - Persia defeated, Aztec-American War, what next?

Originally posted by Meshelic
              The Persian's have been utterly defeated by us in battle and have given in to our demands; they now hold only one city (Hamadan) which is north and borders the Greeks, Germans, and Aztecs.
              Persia has four (4) Cities left: Hamadan, Sardis, Sidon & Sameria

As I speak the Aztec's and American's are fighting a fierce battle for domination of the American highlands, and soon we shall see Lincoln capitulating. Although progress is being made to "liberate" the American cities from potential Aztec rule, intel predicts that America shall fall to the Aztecs shortly.
              We should be agle to beat them to Boston and Maybe New York.

While this is going on, we must discuss our options for the future: Some speak of warring with our weak neighbor France. Others look north to the land of the infidel Germans as territory ripe for conquest. And still others propose we draft plans for an invasion of England...
              Germany had Gunpowder, but it is not known if they have Saltpeter.

What is our Manifest Destiny and what direction will that destiny carry us?
              France can wait. we need to consolidate our new holdings and build up our Infrastructure & Military Capabilities. If we don't, we run the great risk of over extending ourselves and having some come and take our well gotten gains away from us and with relative ease. I'm not advocating beating our swords back into plowshares, but making more plowshares, so at some future date, we can beat them into swords.

Otto will get his and he'll be the one who makes the wrong move. Then Berlin wil become ours. It will be before the end of the Middle Ages, but it will come. He's afraid of us now, buthe won't be for too much longer.

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

time to eat, drink, and be merry

a think a time of peace and regrouping is in order before the onset of the industrial age or at least until we can know how we fare with respect to saltpeter. And we might as well start assessing who we are going to have to fight for oil since the aztecs have beaten us to the american frontier. Perhaps there is a weaker neighbor with a likely location
                "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Here is my current plan for the french
                  The color lines indicate movement path during the turn. They are in 5 turn cycles, the first is blue seocnd red and so on. I anticipate an 8 turn war.
                  Aggie
                  Attached Files
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Some explanation is in order. The paths show thrust lines the intial thrust lines contain 5knights each, thought he 1st southerm one might contain 5knights+3longbowmen. A total of 20knight+3 longbowmen are involved, 15 knights will compose the northern force(3thrust lines) and the rest will form the southern force, The intial attacks in the south will be the longbowmen because in the mountains speed is useless so might as well use these units in mountains. After the fighting is done in the southunits will rush to attack Avignon in coordination with northern forces. A final thrus west to Grenoble will end the war(these forces will be the left over from the avignon attack, we will use the southernforces first. This war will accomplish 3 things
                    1) End france as a threat before they can get a Ga,
                    2) Get us desert land for oil
                    3) With good culture buildup could threaten russian city
                    Regardless after this war we will control the nech of our continent.
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Great to see the war academy so keen as to be planning the next skirmish, but..... isn't anyone else sick of it?

I'd love to see us stop and consolidate for a bit. Imagine, with the land we have, Marketplaces and Libraries in most of our cities would give us a great boost, and workers would greatly increase our production.

I too share the dream of taking the deserts and mountains near France, but they are worthless to us right now (unless we find Saltpeter there). i would rather we built up, and unleasehed with Cavalry down the line, once we have developed into a true superpower. Right now we are but Mongols, laying waste to vast areas without much to show for it at all. Let us stop living in shanties in the disease-ridden jungle and transform our nation.

War is good. War gets us lots of things, but we can only go on with the pitiful tech we have for so long. We are learning Education, soon Music Theory and others. Let us put these cultural developments to use to strengthen our cities' claim to fame. With better civilisation comes better ideas, and better weaponry.

Let us stop the wars. for the sake of future wars!
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

MWIA, thats the beauty of this plan for only the cost of a few more wc upgraded and the production of a few more wc(20 shields) we can have it all and this wouldn't be hard to pull off even in republic. So we could still build libaries cathedrals etc and still fight this war. After this I see no practical wars for a while. We already have 10knights and 5 wc's for the record.
                        Aggie

Comment

Ghengis & ET Thanks for the reminder I must have overlooked those remaining cities, and I'm sure we can all agree that they present little significant threat, if any.

AGGIE great map, a good strategy as well ; how many units do you expect to meet you once we cross into France? oops not to plan ahead TOO much..

MWIA homeland improvement should be first on the agenda of course, like I've mentioned in other posts, but maintaining a worthy fighting force and keeping our enemies (and potential enemies) in check will keep us on top.

Comment

Meshelic I am expected 2 pike in all cities except for the capital with 3. It is possible we will meet some spear and a handfull of sword, but those will be encountered and destroyed quickly. The is also A possibility of knights, howebver after the first cities fall france will have neither iron nor horses.
                            Aggie

Comment

Controlling the bottleneck of the continent where France now lies is a strategic move that would assure us dominance in the region, and would probably yield enough resources later to make it worth it in the end. By playing the right cards we could do it without blemishing our record with the other civs...

Speaking of other civs, what is the likelihood of the Germans taking a stance against us in the case of this hypothetical invasion?

Comment

Working...
                              X