No announcement yet.

Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think 1-turnchat-per-week for just the Euro crew would be good. I think we should ONLY have one turnchat a week.

Comment

i disagree. i think an optimum number of turnchats is 2-3...

there would be too much time with nothing to do if we made it weekly.

As it is, with our current spacing of turnchats, we dont have that many official and important polls to stop us from keeping this schedule.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

It's getting hard to follow what's going on.

Comment

less turnchats wont make it easier to follow, the only difference there would be less actual news. There would still be a good dozen threads a day to catch up upon, which means checking in everyday anyways.

Comment

If I'm elected, I'm going to try to shift things away from turnchats. I missed 2 or 3 in a row, and I found myself spending about 3 hours trying to catch up completely. Something else has to be done. I'm going to try to investigate the 'turnthread' idea, where everything is laid out for the public to see. The problem is getting as much done with those as we would with a turnchat, but I suppose that's why it's a challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
              If you think I'm really just trying to hoarde power, see what happens when people want to have a say on every move of every unit in turnchats at 10 AD with 50 units. Then we'll see.
              Maybe the turnthreads idea could solve this where only ministers are allowed to post and they give purely factual information on what they want to happen over the next few turns, its just an idea, or
              A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
              A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Trip, IMNSHO, that's a great idea.

Comment

I like the idea too.

The problem is to figure out how to get as many turns in a turnthread as we can in a turnchat, while still giving the people a say, and having things detailed enough to understand. I'll try bouncing some ideas around during the next turnchat in a couple hours.

Comment

well, how long could they last before getting cluttered?

and, of course, ministers would need to be allowed to execute some of their orders before actually ordering them...

example, the trading spree I went on in the last turnchat, that would be alot of posts if i couldnt just do it, and then report it.

But this is getting OT

I support turnthreads too, but i highly reccommend we figure out the optimum way of doing one before we dive into it.

Comment

You should tell everyone what you're going to do before you do it.

Comment

then how do you propose we execute turnthreads?

Comment

I agree completely that we should work out how thing work before we dedicate all turns to that system. The plan is to run a 'test turnthread' next Wednesday to see how it works.

P.S. The lead that Ninney holds seems to be evaporating.
                          I thought that whoever pulled ahead after the first day would begin to wipe the other guy out. Who would have guessed a stalemate after 3 days.

Comment

It's so close...

Comment

Trip got my vote.....
                              Shores Of Valinor.com - The Premier Tolkien Community -

Comment

*cough* *hack* *cough*
                                *clears his throat*
                                Um, yes, I see this is quite a race still, could be anyone's victory. You know, my vote is still for sale... if you are are still interested. Might turn the tide in favor of either candidate really.
                                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X