Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luk
    Well... I wonder why Ninot did not step back... Maybe because he fanaticly wanted to be a president and he would even destroy the game then loose in this election.
    Are you saying you would have accepted a decision where Ninot stepped down and Trip was president?

Comment

• I think the main reason is that Ninot was leading for most of the leection, whether or not there was cheating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luk
        Well... I wonder why Ninot did not step back... Maybe because he fanaticly wanted to be a president and he would even destroy the game then loose in this election.
        I dont know WHY you are opposing me so heavily, I can think of many better things to do than obsess yourself with me, and Im sorry you feel you have to.

But when Trip decided to step down, it was cuz I had something like a 6 vote lead (one of the biggest so far in the election)

What am i supposed to do, step down after a 6 vote lead? That is VERY undemocratic, as has been pointed out in several possible ammendments. I did everything in my power to keep this election fair, and it annoys me to see some people are thinking that I would be petty enough to cheat.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• This is one reason I oppose partisan politics.

Ninot won, by 3 votes, with 51%+ of the votes. Our Constitution does not currently define who can/cannot vote. Let's move on. Realizing, of course, this won't change the minds of those who feel cheated.

Trip doesn't have a problem with it. I had no problem waiting to see the polls close to decide the winner, and if there was a tie, deal with it then. It is interesting to note no response in reference to:

Are you saying you would have accepted a decision where Ninot stepped down and Trip was president?

Esp. since Ninot did win the vote. I don't have strong feelings for either Trip or Ninot, so I didn't have a stake in who won: Other than that person being our leader for a month.

Have you proposed or supported an amendment to change the voting?

I personally would like to see a voting amendment change (sorry if I missed it) that would include the following: Who can vote, is there a time limit on signing up before an election; how do you handle when 2 people share one computer in what would appear to be a DL (example husband and wife using cable modem ISP, which would show as DL in the system). Notice I haven't taken a stand on which way the issues need to be handled, just that they need addressing.

Comment

• Thats the election reform ammendment drafting convention thread that I started a day or two back, it already has a several replies but has sort of fallen off the radar temporarily pending the final approval of the court and hearing from Markos what he can do with regards to only allowing members to vote in polls on this forum/other solutions. Its still a good place to put your election reform ideas down though so they can be considered before someone tries to do a final draft of the ammendment for approval.

Comment

Working...
            X