Which civs have you NEVER played as?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which civs have you NEVER played as?

Which civs have you NEVER played as? And why? Perhaps you've tried them all?

Americans
    6.87%
    Aztecs
    8.04%
    Babylonians
    4.19%
    Chinese
    5.53%
    Egyptians
    3.02%
    English
    8.38%
    French
    5.86%
    Germans
    4.02%
    Greeks
    3.18%
    Indians
    8.21%
    Iroquois
    8.54%
    Japanese
    6.37%
    Persians
    4.19%
    Romans
    2.35%
    Russians
    8.04%
    Zulus
    11.06%
    I've played as all of them
    2.18%
    CSPA

I've never been the Zulus, Americans or the French.
    Guess I don't like the Americans' F16 UU, and the French are pink. The Zulus' traits aren't the best...

I've been playing all random maps lately though, but I nearly always end up as the English
    CSPA

Comment

I've never had any desire to play as the Indians.

Comment

Never played as the Persians, Indians, Iroquais, Zulus and Chinese.
        Persians: Xerxes leaderhead looks too much like a humoristically good guy.
        Indians: Ghandi was a pacifist ¿how am I supposed to destroy my neighbourhood?
        Iroquais: the leaderhead also smiles too much. He looks like if he is inviting me to some kind of party with playboy playmates or something (maybe its only my wish).
        Zulus: I remember how they punished their enemies (a wood in the aaaggghhhh!!!!) and I prefare not to imagine it repeatedly.
        Chinese: I want to rise and eat many civs, not play with a civ and eat many rice (excuse me for this stupid joke, but I had to do it)
        Hugs
        Yellfromhell
        Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

I never played the English, Greeks, Indians, Russians, Iroquois, and Zulus. The one half game I played as Germans sucked big times.

To be honest, most European civs sucked, partly due to the broken Commercial trait.

I think I should start with Iroquois really soon. It's a good civ and I'd like to carry out some Mounted Warrior rushes.

yellfromhell, I think you missed out some great buttkicking games without playing Persians, Iroquois, and Chinese. These are three civs with excellent traits and UUs.

Comment

I don't think disliking a civ's leaderhead is a good excuse to not play them. After all its the one leaderhead you don't have to negotiate with!

I've never played as the Persians or Babylonians mostly because I just don't like the 'flavor' of those civs. Kind of a stupid reason, I know, but what can I say?

Comment

"aggghhhh!!!...Its enough!!!!! please!!!!"
              (that was Yellfromhell asking for euthanasia)
              I was only joking about the leaderheads... it seems my bad english makes my jokes sound serious (because they are still stupid in spanish) or my bad english comprehension makes me interpret everything serious. I simply never played those civs. Tommorrow I`ll begin with one, o.k?
              Hugs
              Yellfromhell
              Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

Americans, Iroquis and Zulus...
                You make my life and times
                A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

seems like people are steering away from expansionist civs... i don't blame them
                  CSPA

Comment

I haven't played all civs, since I alsways (ok...mostly) choose a random Civ...But there's one Civ, the random Civ chooses often, and I don't even want to think about playing that civ (So I therefore have to restart a couple of times, when starting a new game): English

Btw, it's not a gameplay reason...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Hm, two people say that the "random" option chooses England often. Maybe it's a bug?

And I don't see what wrong with Expansionist civs. Expansionism lets you discover techs and other civs quickly at the beginning of the game, particularly if you start on a large land mass.
                      "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                      "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM2433
                        Hm, two people say that the "random" option chooses England often. Maybe it's a bug?
                        In most of my games, England also starts nearby my starting place, and I play seldom as European Civs...And England is ALWAYS in a game (Unless I choose exactly which Civs I want to play against...Which I do seldom)...
                        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

A FireAxis programmer (I forget exactly who it was; if anyone rembers the chat that this was in, please tell me) said Elizabeth was designed to be "crafty" (i.e, she will stab you in the back). Not to leap to any conclusions or anything, but I wonder if someone may have designed the "random" option to select England more often, so they could show off the job they did with Elizabeth.

Just a thought.
                          Last edited by JohnM2433; August 4, 2002, 15:18.
                          "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                          "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

I have never played other that Greeks.
                            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Not even "Finns" in that suck-session game?

As for Expansionist civs> At least in Civ2 my tactic mainly concentrated on getting a LOT of those goody boxes early.
                              You make my life and times
                              A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

Working...
                              X