Which civs have you NEVER played as?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ade
    Not even "Finns" in that suck-session game?
    no, even then the Greeks were disguised as Finns.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

gangerolf: good poll!

havn't played as french, aztecs and iroquois.... but now i just remember, that the newest GotM at CFC is with the french... oh well...
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I set my civ to random, so I have ended up playing all of them at least once, although some seem to occur more often than others.

I am surprised so few have tried the Zulu, given their excellent early unit. Iroqouis with their scouts are always a good bet - can I have all the techs please, no Great Library required.

Comment

Originally posted by Fergus Horkan
          I am surprised so few have tried the Zulu, given their excellent early unit. Iroqouis with their scouts are always a good bet - can I have all the techs please, no Great Library required.
          I have never played as the Zulu...the random Civ function can't seem to find the Zulus...only for the AI...maybe I should try play a level were I not set it to random, but set it to Zulu instead...

In my current game, I'm playing the Iroquis (on a small island/huge/15 AIs map), but I have never been more of a warmonger than in this game...and it's not even a military Civ...
          This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I never tried the Americans, the English and the Zulus.

Well I don't play the americans cause it set their colour to pink and French to blue
            For the english... hmm... I don't like the idea of being an englishman
            And the Zulus... well I don't really like making war (exept against the english, naturally ) so I don't think the zulus are for me.

In fact I play mostly with the French cause I like "Industrious and Commercial" (and maybe because I'm French too )
            FRANCE.

Comment

Americans yes many times
              Aztecs not yet
              Babylonians not yet
              Chinese not yet
              Egyptians now playing
              English not yet
              French not yet
              Germans not yet
              Greeks yes
              Indians not yet
              Iroquois not yet
              Japanese not yet
              Persians not yet
              Romans yes
              Russians not yet
              Zulus not yet

I will play all of them someday.
              In Civ 2 I have played all of them many times.
              Last edited by Guest; August 12, 2002, 20:24.

Comment

Indians, Iroquois and Zulus
                In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
                In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Well, I haven't played Zulus, since on Marla's World Map, they are far from other civs (though near goody huts) and Iroquois, 'cos their special unit needs horses, and there are no horse resource in America! (I wonder why...)

Comment

Originally posted by ultrix
                    Well, I haven't played Zulus, since on Marla's World Map, they are far from other civs (though near goody huts) and Iroquois, 'cos their special unit needs horses, and there are no horse resource in America! (I wonder why...)
                    While historically accurate, it does wreak havoc with the way Firaxis set up the Iroquois' UU.

Comment

Well, historically, a breeding population of horses can be moved from one location to another. Not so in the game.

And in Real Life, of course, a civ would need discover actual horses before it could learn horseback riding (and iron before iron working, etc.). If you want to get all technical about it.
                      "God is dead." - Nietzsche
                      "Nietzsche is dead." - God

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM2433
                        And in Real Life, of course, a civ would need discover actual horses before it could learn horseback riding (and iron before iron working, etc.). If you want to get all technical about it.
                        Right ! I imagine scientists : "Well we learnt how to ride horses. Now all that we have to know is what they look like"
                        FRANCE.

Comment

All expansionist civs except the Iroquois suck. The AI doesn't play them well, and I don't like to play them.

Comment

Americans not yet
                            Aztecs not yet
                            Babylonians yes
                            Chinese yes
                            Egyptians yes, most of time
                            English never will
                            French yes, plenty of times
                            Germans never
                            Greeks not yet
                            Indians not yet
                            Iroquois not yet
                            Japanese yes
                            Persians yes
                            Romans yes
                            Russians not yet
                            Zulus never

As you can see, I've not been too fond of the expansionist trait thus far. I'm still drooling over the industrious Civs and Religious traits as well. I've tried a few with the Militaristic traits. Persia I tried just to be on the other end of an Immortal onslaught! I loved the Roman legionaries, but I usually play with the Egypt, or the French (Hate their UU, but love their com/ind combo). I'm starting to really warm up to the Japanese and Chinese though. I played as China and ruled with their Riders until they met up with the Japanese Samurai. That 4/4/2 neutralized my 4/3/3 and they were kicking my behind. With that extra movement I was doing a lot of running (which is not cool in warfare!). Naturally, I played Japan next and had a lot of fun.

I don't think i'll ever try the Zulus. You must have a real short window of opportunity to dominate when your UU is 1/2/2 and how do you capitalize off of such an early GA? I think they must attack swiftly before Spearman come around, which must neutralize their UU's offensive capability, rendering them as faster spearman.

I also don't think i'll give Germany a shot because I am slowly beginning to hate the Scientific Civ trait and I don't really care for their UU. I barely can see myself trying the Aztecs. I think their Civ combination is workable, but I just hate their UU. Any game i've played they've pretty much been destroyed early and begging for mercy in some corner of the world, usually in tundra. Anyway, that's my humble little take on it.
                            Working together to Spread the Burden, Share the Wealth, and Conquer all Challenges

Comment

Somehow , I neve played the Chinese, despite their traits being very attractive, and the potential of their UU to wreck havoc.

My favorites are the greeks, the Indians, the Egyptians, and sometimes the Romans or the french.
                              urgh.NSFW

Comment

I've never played as the americans, poor traits and a UU that comes too late.
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X