Game, Set, Match
I bided my time, and eventually the Franco-American MPP lapsed.
The Franco-Gallic MPP, however, was in full effect when my forces landed. I had built a city inbetween a couple of American (Russian, formerly) cities to grab silks, and of course the Amis sent in their Knights... and found themselves at war with the only other civs on the planet.
I made two major landings - one of which netted me another luxury (furs) and the other gave me the foothold I wanted to march on Washington.
As I was bringing my forces into position around Washington in 1610AD, I was informed that I had won, via domination, score 5671! ARG! NO! RELOAD!
Back to 1605. Everthing I could muster was thrown at Washington, and *damn* it was bloody. The final longbowman defender fell to a 1hp Cavalry (the Cav started the battle at 1hp, mind you) and Washington was mine. The Sistine and the final luxury, Gems, were under my control. Now THAT's more like it.
According to the replay, I generated 8 Great Leaders. If Memory serves, 2 were from archers, 1 from a knight, and the rest from Gallics. Gallics do indeed rock
I've attached the 1605AD save (zipped), having just taken Washington. The win comes at end of turn.
-Arrian
I bided my time, and eventually the Franco-American MPP lapsed.
The Franco-Gallic MPP, however, was in full effect when my forces landed. I had built a city inbetween a couple of American (Russian, formerly) cities to grab silks, and of course the Amis sent in their Knights... and found themselves at war with the only other civs on the planet.
I made two major landings - one of which netted me another luxury (furs) and the other gave me the foothold I wanted to march on Washington.
As I was bringing my forces into position around Washington in 1610AD, I was informed that I had won, via domination, score 5671! ARG! NO! RELOAD!
Back to 1605. Everthing I could muster was thrown at Washington, and *damn* it was bloody. The final longbowman defender fell to a 1hp Cavalry (the Cav started the battle at 1hp, mind you) and Washington was mine. The Sistine and the final luxury, Gems, were under my control. Now THAT's more like it.
According to the replay, I generated 8 Great Leaders. If Memory serves, 2 were from archers, 1 from a knight, and the rest from Gallics. Gallics do indeed rock
I've attached the 1605AD save (zipped), having just taken Washington. The win comes at end of turn.
-Arrian
and capture Beijing. After Beijing fell I went for peace and got a tech and a few workers from the Chinese. Also by this time I had a pretty good worker force going. One of the things that really irked me my last game was the amount of undeveloped tiles I had that were being used by my cities. Well with all the slaves I had captured and the workers I had made I did a nice job finding a good balance.
) asked them to leave they declared war on my. Grrrr.... Oh well, their loss. Within 3 turns Persia was no more. But wait, what's this? The SoB's had 1 settler in a galley. Well I go for peace anyway. Whatever. They finally settled on the island to the SW of our start position. Oh well. In the end I managed to build Sun Tzu and finally got a leader. I rushed Leo's Workshop with that leader. Thought about making a army but decided against it. Not sure if it was a good idea or not.
). The GS were still part of my offensive however. All that are left are elite and since China has yet to learn the ways of feudalism it worked out nicely. And unlike Persia, China didn't have a settler in reserve. No more China.
Comment