AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by grahamiam

ainwood @ CFC cotm created a utility for updating the .ini file automatically. here it is:
    Auto is good.

/me goes to see the fixed barbs.

Q: This mean I need an unmodified ini for PBEM's I may already be in though?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• OK. SO I AM HEREBY READY TO ROCK AND ROLL!!!
      I checked my patch status and YES Complete did supply me with 1.22 so thats great. Also I have off of school for the next week But still must go to work... LOL

SO I would just like to say that I am pumped and ready to play whenever we get our map and all that jazz.

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        Q: This mean I need an unmodified ini for PBEM's I may already be in though?
        As far as I can tell, a bunch of people have the 'fix' and a bunch don't. It doesn't cause any compatibility problems, so most people aren't worried about it. It can be a slight advantage for anyone in the know, so I make a point of clarifying the status at some point in any game I'm in (first post in tracker thread preferably).

BTW- this fix only matters when AI units are moving, which happens after the last player ends their turn and before the program prompts for the save file name- only the last human player's (Arabia's here) setting has any effect on a PBEM game.
        Last edited by Rommel2D; April 2, 2005, 02:12.
        Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• OK I ready to play some game, pls tell me what to do
          I m a quite experienced ladder player

Comment

• tommy, please answer these questions:

1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game.

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.

3. What level do you typically play at in SP?

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
              According to The Officially Sanctioned AU Rules (tm) for 602, players in Locked Alliance teams can share their diaries, have sleepovers, curl each other's hair, and engage in gratuitous sex acts for paid subscription websites.

So, er, yeah, emailing each other and stuff before the game starts is OK.

Comment

• Seriously, anyone have a suggestion / preference for an alternate mapmaker? I was thinking of Nathan (nbarclay)...
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

• BFM has made good maps in the past. Don't know how much he's still around.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• I sent BFM a PM... we'll see. I want to get going.

Comment

• 1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game.

Either, but if some other players from another site come along, I would appreciate the chance to try and bang their heads together

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.

Someone who is comfortable at regent, otherwise the might get wiped out early. That both unbalances the game and is not fair to the alliance, as it is neither fun, nor would the other player learn anything

I can beat emperor easily and Deity is the absolute upper limit

4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana

Since Alex and Dom have yielded to me, would it be acceptable to say Evil Genius?

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.

Arabia Preferably, but failing that China or Persia

(For some reason, every time Arabia features in a PBEM, they get a free settler. Note the PTWDG, ISDG, trial by trait...)

6. If you are not primarily an Apolyton poster, what site is your home?

I have 2 posts at MZO, annd ~3 at CFC, and 2000+ at 'Poly, So I'm predominatly a Poly member
                      Last edited by Krill; April 3, 2005, 12:33.
                      You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• tommy, please answer these questions:

1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game:

dont care so much - perhaps d be a FFA epic game very intersteing, but I like teamers a lot

2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels:

Maxfin from ladder?!
                        But if u got a unexperienced player ready who needs some tips, i d be ready too
                        I m also up too kick some expierenced APPO peps with a good partner or alone ^^

God, (think I never won in an acnient ^^) but d be happy to play only in regent or prinz level in MP

4. Pick one word: Micromanager

5. What civ(s) you’d like to play:

dont care so much, China d proly be nice, think u didnt allow the powerfull agri ones which I d surly favour.
                        But as said every civ got some advantage, I just dont like persia
                        Last edited by tommynt; April 3, 2005, 11:19.

Comment

• Theseus, according too your table, Aqua is playing in two games, LA3 and FFA1. A mistake, I presume?
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Krill
                            Theseus, according too your table, Aqua is playing in two games, LA3 and FFA1. A mistake, I presume?
                            Aqua wanted to play both styles.

Comment

• So I take it we aren't using the same map for each game?

Comment

• We are... hmmm, I hadn't thought that map knowledge would be that big a deal in this course, but you make a good point. Lemme jigger things around a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X