No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great, put me on an island with a ladder player's expansionist tribe. Thanks.

Originally posted by Theseus
    The first player in each game should do the 'Wandering Barbs' thing... can someone post again what the line is for the INI file?
    The last player in each game needs to modify their .ini file to: "NoAIPatrol=0" (PtW style wandering for barbarians)
    [to clarify: "NoAIPatrol=0" needs to be added to conquests.ini with some sort of text editor or the utility from CFC]

Actually, I don't see why anyone wouldn't want to do this...
    Last edited by Rommel2D; April 2, 2005, 03:52.
    Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• First I'm hearing about it honestly.

Now, what's an ini file, and is there a link to idiot proof step by step instructions?

I'm a total newb at computer crap. still don't quite understand why I must both install a game and use a disk....

Oh for the days of my apple IIe....just pop in the disk and play...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
        First I'm hearing about it honestly.

Now, what's an ini file, and is there a link to idiot proof step by step instructions?

I'm a total newb at computer crap. still don't quite understand why I must both install a game and use a disk....

Oh for the days of my apple IIe....just pop in the disk and play...
        ainwood @ CFC cotm created a utility for updating the .ini file automatically. here it is:
        Attached Files
        Team CDZ

Comment

• Ooo! Me too, please

1. Alliance
          2. No one in mind, random draw is fun sometimes
          3. Regent/Monarch depending on how confident I'm feeling :P
          4. Builder, but often i use my nice pretty cities to whip up a nice big stack o'doom ^^
          5. I'm game for any of them
          6. 99% Poly poster
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
            Just imagined. Berserks protected by Musketeers.
            That assumes you survive the invasion by persian Immortals, followed by the arab Ansars.....
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

• Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
              First I'm hearing about it honestly.

all right, I am not alone

Thank you Theseus
              anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

• T, what are the limits on communication between partners before in-game contact is made, or has that been taken care of?
                Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Have you posted the map settings anywhere?

And what difficulty level are we playing at?
                  So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                  Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• Originally posted by Solomwi
                    T, what are the limits on communication between partners before in-game contact is made, or has that been taken care of?
                    Originally posted by Aqualung71
                    Have you posted the map settings anywhere?

And what difficulty level are we playing at?
                    Answers to both of those questions are in the first post.
                    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• I haven't heard from Sir Ralph via either PM or email... that's alright, I'm sure RL is providing some kind of distraction.

Any suggestions for an alternate mapmaker?
                      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

• Pfft, like I can be asked to actually read your long posts.

I saw that and figured it meant teammates weren't restricted by in-game contact, but wanted to make sure.

Comment

• Good to see you're Freewheelin' again, Sol
                          So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                          Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

• According to The Officially Sanctioned AU Rules (tm) for 602, players in Locked Alliance teams can share their diaries, have sleepovers, curl each other's hair, and engage in gratuitous sex acts for paid subscription websites.

So, er, yeah, emailing each other and stuff before the game starts is OK.

Comment

• Originally posted by Makahlua
                              Ooo! Me too, please

1. Alliance
                              2. No one in mind, random draw is fun sometimes
                              3. Regent/Monarch depending on how confident I'm feeling :P
                              4. Builder, but often i use my nice pretty cities to whip up a nice big stack o'doom ^^
                              5. I'm game for any of them
                              6. 99% Poly poster
                              You are first in line for the next game to be set up... we need more participants!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Theseus
                                According to The Officially Sanctioned AU Rules (tm) for 602, players in Locked Alliance teams can share their diaries, have sleepovers, curl each other's hair, and engage in gratuitous sex acts for paid subscription websites.
                                Uh, I want to petition for a new partner in that case. Have the Olsen twins signed up yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X