Much shorter ww2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Much shorter ww2

I have the great pleasure to announce that I have just finished conquering the last objective city in the ww2 scenario in december 1951, playing as French .

This is almost 10 years sooner than my previous record.
    I guess this will induce me to have a try at beating the other records with smaller civs (Neutrals, Spaniards and Turks) , all 3 records held by Jaguar Warrior (previously known as Fire Dragon and Silver Dragon).
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Nice going, La Fayette!

Now I will have to try some of these scenarios if I can manage a landing before 1000 without huts.

Comment

Take your time
      (I remember what happened to some of my previous records when samson got interested in scenarios )
      Anyway, I'm convinced that you will beat 1000AD without huts, and I'll be happy to learn from you also in the field of scenarios.

Comment

Well done LaFayette!
        You are once more King of the Scenarios

SG[1]
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I don't know the WW2 scenario very well ... but I do realise that winning in 1951, playing the French, is a great result.

The Gits have been thinking that this scenario would make an interesting succession game.

--------------------

SG(2)
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

What's the record for the Neutrals? The Neutrals are HARD!

Good luck La Fayette and be prepared to curse the Germans and the Russians when they backstab your carefully crafted ceasefires.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Current record as Neutrals:

October 1958 (Jaguar Warrior)

Comment

"All records are to be beaten"
                (DaveV, after his astonishing victory in 43 turns in the Rome scenario)

Comment

Can you guys try RedFront, I would like to see some of your results playing that scenario. Version 1.4 should be available here or at civfanatics...

-FMK.

Comment

I've tried RF...

I seem to remember some old threads by Xin Yu detailing how he ripped RF apart, though
                    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

IIRC Xin Yu has described a nice strategy for the first few turns of RF. I don't know whether he played further.

Personally, I can't play it without help from Julius Brenzaida because of problems related with the French version of the game (all files .txt should be renamed .fre; Julius does that marvelously, but I have never managed to learn the lesson ).

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
                        I've tried RF...

I seem to remember some old threads by Xin Yu detailing how he ripped RF apart, though
                        Is this perhaps what you were referring to?
                        Death awaits you all...with nasty, big, pointy teeth

Comment

Xin Yu used a lot of little cheats while playing Red Front, but his strategy is quite good
                          in the Art of War webpage there are a few good strategies, I think one is from FMK
                          Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
                          Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
                          miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Hey shaka!

Why don't you check out the DG?

We're just about to wrap up the 2nd game.

The Gits have been thinking that this scenario would make an interesting succession game.
                            Indeed.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                            X