Gits' Hut and Special Finder v1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks DaveV

- are you sure that Emperor & Deity have the same turn pattern - I thought it was Emperor & King?

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I said "of course" at first, and changed it, but on further reflection I'm not so certain. My printout has terrible columnar alignment, but it looks as though Emperor and Deity are in the same column. Does anyone know for sure?

Comment

well i got here late so i am not going to click the link, i still have my old table hand written for oedo deity years, and like the rest of you, the BC years are easy to remember.... its the AD years that leave me using my abacuss after some wobbly pops

it makes no dif to me if you include it in the hut finder, i use the hut finder for specials and huts, not revolution turns .....but having the tables will be a nice addition.
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Cyrion,
          My little program (Civ2beakers) is not completely finished and so I didn't announce it. Anyway it is usable. It reads a .sav file and shows also current year, current turn number and turn number of the next oedo.
          (Xin Yu is able to read directly from the memory so that you needn't to save files, but I don't know if his LazyCiv program shows oedo years...)
          You can download it from Civ2-Strategy > Calculating beakers needed for the next advance

@SG:
          In a .sav file (or in a memory) the current turn is located at ofset 28 as the word type. Every 4th turn is oedo.
          A copy of Pascal/Delphi code of Civ2beakers:

Code:
          SavedFileStream.Seek(28,soFromBeginning);
          SavedFileStream.Read(CurrentTurn,2);
          SavedFileStream.Seek(30,soFromBeginning);
          SavedFileStream.Read(CurrentYear,2);

if CurrentYear>=$8000 then {B.C. year} CurrentYear:=CurrentYear-$10000;
          NextOedoTurn:=(CurrentTurn+3) div 4 * 4;
          Last edited by SlowThinker; January 23, 2003, 15:56.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Thanks ST !
            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Minimize bar missing.

SG[1],

You have addressed how it happened.

If you do yet another version, I hope you put the minimize bar back as I find the earlier version easier to use with your tool riding on the task bar. Just my vote; others may perfer otherwise.

Thanks for sharing this very cool utility.

Monk
              so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

More help needed!

I am now coding (or rather trying to) the oedo years - the Deity table DaveV has proffered does NOT agree with the turn table he has published - so I am once more at sea.

I have RTFM - to no avail - the 'Strategy Guide' has not been available in the UK for years

Can anyone give a definitive breakdown for the various difficulty levels

The following years seem to be magic at some levels ...
                -1000; 0 (OK 1 AD - but it computes as 0), 1500, 1750, 1850 - but there may be more...

Help definitely needed ..................................

SG[1]

Comment

SG[1] - there was a significant typo in the table as orginally posted. The number of years at 25 years/turn is 40, not 50! Apologies for the error, and I hope this straightens out the discrepancy.

As a check, the sum of the columns should be, left to right, 550, 500, 450, 400.

Comment

SG, I don't understand what is the problem. Do you build oedo tables or do you construct next oedo turn from the information about the current turn in a .sav file (or memory)?
                    If the second eventuality is true then see my post here dated 17-01-2003 18:01.
                    Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

ST unfortunately it is the former case that I am considering...

Thanks anyway, SG[1]

Comment

OK - I just hit Enter a zillion times in a Deity 2.42 game and came up with the definitive answer

60 turns of 50 years to

40 turns of 25 years to

0 - displayed as 1AD

75 turns of 20 years to

25 turns of 10 years to

50 turns of 2 years to

170 (not 150) turns of 1 year to

-------------------------------

The Winkler scrolls give Emperor and Deity the same turn pattern - but that has been in error before.

Anyone got definitive answers for the other levels?

SG[1]

Comment

Come on guys - you want the oedo table to be correct for other levels than Deity - get hitting that enter button

SG[1]

Comment

Well since I never play less than Deity
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

hehe, lol fat chance, perhaps you should just do it for Mr. Happy sunshine sean.....seeing as he only plays king level
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

in fact ROTFLMAO - of course I will, if he were to ask me nicely.

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                                X