No announcement yet.

Gits' Hut and Special Finder v1.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exactly the same for me......not sure why either....my win 98 was working fine with it, then it just stopped....sigh...oh well
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Hang on War I thought you said yours was a dll error? As for this other error I have no idea......I'd ask the gits.

Comment

yes origionally it was, then the error changed to the one that Timtheenchanter psted...i posted this in this thread before

Comment

well i fixed my issues, i use a program called extreme hu for my satelite needs when i installed this program again, and the support files, it obviously installed the files i was missing for scouse gits program to work.

timtheenchanter if you need these files i keep them in zip form....send me an icq or contact me at
          dieselonly@telus.net

Comment

an order

SG,
            I have tried the program. Very well...but..I am lazy...

So this is my order:
            1. To make the map a little bit larger
            2. To make it scrollable
            3. To allow to write words on squares (for example London, cape, banana, fortress etc.)
            4. (optional) Sometimes I play without huts or a hut is not seen in the beginning. Would it be possible to start from specials too?
            Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

distances

What is a difference between a trade distance and a movement distance? And how to get the Options menu to work? I don't see any changes when clicking on show movement distance.

Comment

Hi ST

I can only concurr that your suggestions are sound - but well beyond the time constraints I have for the development of this little toy.

Distance - the option choice only comes into operation once the lists are refreshed - the difference between the two is seen when there is some diagonal (due N/S or E/W) element to the distance - one square for movement 1.5 for trade...

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Thank you SG, I understand: 'trade distance' is the distance used in Civ2 formulas, 'movement distance' is number of steps needed for a warrior.

Comment

i find that the optimum path isn't always correct? ie when you plan it out, it doesn't always work

Comment

Yes - the trouble seems to lie in not quite SWerly links - in my current game I have two cities placed:
                      Code:
                      ....rC
                      ...rr.
                      ..rr..
                      .rr...
                      Br...
                      cities B & C; roads r; land .;
                      city B receives the bonus, city C does not.
                      I seem to remember a diagram some time ago that suggested a lack of symmetry in the third quadrant that most people put down to an error - perhaps it was not

SG[1]

Comment

OEDO years

From the MP forum:

Just a thought guys - since I need to do a little more work on the Hut Finder -- thanks to DaveV's comments -- would it be helpful if I included a (?deity only?) oedo table in the software?

SG[1]

please post any replies on the HutFinder thread - I don't come here that often...
                        Yes it would be helpful! And even more if you included ALL the OEDO tables and not only deity...
                        Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                        Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                        POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                        LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

OK - I'll do that - does anyone offhand happen to know the turn breakdown for non-deity levels - I confess that I would have to determine them empirically otherwise ...

SG[1]

Comment

I'm still using the the one version back because I like to have the option to reenter the original coordinates. (sometimes I type them in wrong, or we end up restarting a game) And the removal of the minimize in the new one is annoying (very minimal)
                            Adding OEDO years would be nice, but that won't be enough to make me go to the new version. After all the years, I have the deity memorized all the way to A.D., but if we start continueing more games, it would be nice.

RAH
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ah - I feared my menu was not as clear as i had originally hoped -- if you select Window|Always on top, a new menu item "Shrink me" appears that does what it says on the label and reduces the footprint to a seriously tiny size...
                              The reason you can't re-enter the original co-ords is because during one of our drunken sessions I managed to lose the seed - by putting new search co-ords into the wrong box not once, not twice, but three bloody times! - at this point the changes (to save the drunken Gits from themselves) became mandatory. The minimize button was a victim of my removing the system exit button - cos I was too lazy to hack the pre-exit method to ensure that a save option was offered before closure.

Yes I too have the BC oedos off pat, but I still have to look up teh AD ones...

SG[1]

Comment

thanks for the input guys - keep it coming - I shall probably be re-visiting Hutfinder in about a fortnight...

SG[1]

Comment

Working...
                                X