No announcement yet.

Favorite Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's why I said probably. There are always exceptions and you have to recognize them to plan accordingly.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      That's why I said probably. There are always exceptions and you have to recognize them to plan accordingly.
      this is where new players don't understand the game. The key to any strategy is flexibility , the other key is recognizing your situation and playing the hand you are dealt in the best way possible.

new players or inexperinced players generally fail in this aspect of the game and veterans can recover from a bad start or take their situation and run with it.

you can't be taught this, you can only learn from experience and feel.
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Wine is the best.

In a city with a Mnfg. Plant and a Superhighway, which is utilizing Democracy, that is railroaded and mined, and possesses an airbase, wine will yield:

3 food
        10 Shields
        9 Trade (not including the bonus it adds to trade routes)

It gives everything, and in abundance.
        No greater love has one than to lay down their life for a friend.

Comment

Airbase on hill = cheat (under the rules by which most of us play)
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

"shipping lanes"

Ah, yes… I remember the Civ1 days when you could load a Settler into a boat and build roads in the seas…

Originally posted by rah
            Yep, a laugh riot, but did the AI ever come along and pillage it?
            Ya know, I don't remember that happening… it was a long time ago.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by sirsnuggles
              Wine is the best.

In a city with a Mnfg. Plant and a Superhighway, which is utilizing Democracy, that is railroaded and mined, and possesses an airbase, wine will yield:

3 food
              10 Shields

Yeah, but by then, every square is good. It makes the most difference in the first 40 turns of the game so improvements really shouldn't be considered.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by sirsnuggles
                Wine is the best.

3 food
                10 Shields

impressive...but many mp games just don't get there
                Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

And by the time they do, one square isn't going to make a difference. (with the exception of a killer SSC) and even then when it's taking 1000's of beakers to get a tech it takes more than 1 square.
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, I'm a perfectionistic, peacenik. I wait the entire game (just building up my super cities, and try not to start fighting until every city has been totally developed (inside and out). By this time the other AI's are usually double my size, so it makes for a fun challenge to defeat 6 enemies all of whom are bigger than me.

Comment

But you really don't need to defeat them... You can launch your space craft long before they can even start building it... unless you allow them to steal there way up to your tech level. That's why MP is better
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well some people just let the AI build up for the challange. It's the only way to have one. (short of the speical challanges). It certainly isn't a challange the way we do it.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, and when the fighting actually begins, it's still not much of a challenge (the AI is no match in war), but at least the idea of fighting multiple larger opponents is dramatic. Perhaps someday I will give MP a try. I just have a dial-up connection, so I might slow the games down

Comment

Turn-based games are pretty much the only games you can play with a 56K modem.

Comment

We've played with people with dial-up connections. It's not that bad. Fortunately Civ II is an old game as was designed for machines available at that time. Not like today's memory hogs. As long as the host as a good connection and everyone else isn't on dial up, there shouldn't be a problem.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You know, if you guys keep it up, you just may persuade me to play multiplayer.

Comment

Working...
                                X