No announcement yet.

Favorite Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, in 2x prod games gems work better because there's usually SOME forest close enough for the production side. It just won't grow fast, but the early trade can make it worth it.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i like finding gold in x2 games...of course the usual suspects like whales and silk are great....

give me a pheasant and buffalo/peat/iron etc and i can crank settlers fast enough to find trade specials
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

But they work so much better in Monarchy.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

u could say that about any special if you dont' get trade and your opponent does, it can be trouble, but with the right specials you can easily compensate so long as you don't get monarchy in 2250 and he got it in 3250

Comment

That's what I was talking about. But maybe not that extreme of a difference. But even 400/600 years is big.
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

400 or 600 years is HUGE. You can crank out so many more settlers in that time, allowing you to expand exponentially faster than your opponent... makeing it very difficult for him to catch up to you later.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Big vs Huge. No matter, unless you're in the bedroom
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

One would have thought after more than 50 years you would have passed the need to argue over whose is bigger.

Comment

We're getting to that age that It's more important to compare our Golf Games.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So true... SOOOOOO True
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Threadjackers! What do you think this is, the MP forum?

I'm changing my vote to whales/gold/buffalo, in protest.
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

the whale is the best to open up with.......it has enough of everything......especially built on grass dot........

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                            the whale is the best to open up with.......it has enough of everything......especially built on grass dot........
                            Agreed - in Despotism you only lose one trade arrow, whilst the extra shields and food help build settlers for expansion - assisting the early rush to Monarchy.

-------------------------

SG(2)
                            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

The other day I started on the 0 coordinate on a river. I was able to start two cities on the river that both could use the same whale. Sweet.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I remember bringing this up for rules discussion after a game with War..........but no discussion ever really kicked off.

/me hunts for Rules thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X