No announcement yet.

Favorite Specials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, you said the choices were clear, and I said you're an idiot. Thanks for proving me right.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Some credit should be added for those specials you can easily transform the terrain into: Silk, Wheat, Pheasant and Buffalo for the pre-Explosives era, and Wine and Coal join the list along with Furs, MuskOx, Desert Oil and Oasis afterwards. Rare ones like Gems, Spice, Glacier Oil, Ivory and Gold cannot be made, they must be discovered, and their terrain is not as prevalent as grass, plains and forest.

But the king of all is Whales. Good from the get-go. To bad you cannot road it to get another trade...

Comment

I was right

See? Some very smart person just cast another vote for Silk, to tie with Gold at 10.

5 or 7½ Engr turns to make grass or plains into silk vs. 10 Engr turns to make grass into wine, then another 5 Engr turns to mine the hill…
        That's why I say SILK RULES!!

Ah, yes… I remember the Civ1 days when you could load a Settler into a boat and build roads in the seas…
        Last edited by Straybow; July 10, 2003, 01:52.
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Re: I was right

Originally posted by Straybow
          Ah, yes… I remember the Civ1 days when you could load a Settler into a boat and build roads in the seas…
          Yep, a laugh riot, but did the AI ever come along and pillage it?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: I was right

Originally posted by Straybow
            See? Some very smart person just cast another vote for Silk, to tie with Gold at 10.
            OK I forgot to vote. Silk rules after whales!
            --------------------------

SG(2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

independant specials aside, gold is lame if it has no grass....gems are great if forest is plentifull....

whale dominate, silks are nice too...but it all depends on the terrain surrounding the specials
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Yes, nothing worse than seeing that gold on the opening and it's surrounded by other mountains and hills.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

or plains..and there is nary a water square around..sigh.....sloooooooooooooooooooooow growth

Comment

water won't speed the growth. But sometimes you do what you have to.
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                      water won't speed the growth. But sometimes you do what you have to.
                      if you are on a lot of plains (1 food), water (ergo irrigation) will greatly speed growth (2 food)
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

We're talking double production so irrigation is very very rare. But i there's grassland nearby, I'll still settle on gold in a 1x game.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

you can settle on gold in any game....so long as one other tile is there....

but admittedly, a few grass will make things easier, so will a river...

i wonder who's arse i kissed when i get gold and a river for a cap

Comment

kissed?

Comment

In 1x, I'd probably settle on the gold, use the second settler to irrigate the river grassland and spit out a settler prior to size two.
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

always a viable strategy..... depending on the surrrounding terrain, i might just plop both cities down asap

Comment

Working...
                                X