• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heres an idea ...

eek, mispost
    TheFather, High Priest, The Shadow Legion
    www.shadowlegion.net

Comment

• Hmmm, I guess Nicosar couldn't take the heat and gave up.......just another mouth. And we were having so much fun.

RAH
      Last edited by rah; October 2, 2002, 12:00.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• A bump, a stir, and a +1 all in the same post. Nice

Comment

• You are absolutely right, oh and +1

Comment

• Same........but without the bump or the stir.

Comment

• My question is, what about the other guy, who's rules.txt is altered?

Has anyone played him and checked on that?
              Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• It's typical of cockroaches. You turn on the light, and they go racing off to hide in the darkness.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by Flatlander Fox
                  My question is, what about the other guy, who's rules.txt is altered?

Has anyone played him and checked on that?
                  The explanation Narz gave is that Nicosars gamefiles coused phalanx to look like pikes on his machine. (he plays on a mac)

This sounds ok, since I cant imagine someone making such an obvious change to rules.txt

Comment

• I just checked their thread over at CF, and it seems like their "big" game hasn't even started yet. One of the key players has a mac, and they are having a hard time with tech issues since they are playing it as a scenario

So if he lives up to his word not to post again until that game is done, it might be a while before we hear from him again...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• When is hell scheduled to freeze over btw?

Comment

• Originally posted by atawa
                        When is hell scheduled to freeze over btw?

They still haven't set up a start date yet
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

• But when it loads up on our computers, they ARE pikemen.

I don't think the unit slot is any different from a MAC to a PC? Which means that they are pikes, and he has issues he needs to explain.(Especially since he has been in a long running game over there, often as the host).

But I want to make sure there is NO question of that before I ask the question in the forum itself.

I have PMed him about it, and have gotten NO responses, which makes me wary.

While the obviousness is amazing, if new players don't know about things like this, then they will lose interest in a game that has so many loopholes to begin with.
                          Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks...

Comment

• Give me the saves and I'll tell you if he's doing anything.

Comment

• Flatlander, i know it's suspicious-looking but i'll explain:

You see, in my scenario, pikemen come with bronze working, and phalanx come simultaneously with legion in tempered metals (a tech that comes as a branch off of iron working, which now brings only swordsmen) and they have been boosted to 1/3/1 (though as expensive as a legion as well, which are now 60 shields, it may sound disfunctional, but the whole system's been reworked) as an elite armored defense unit and so in my scenario i switched the phalanx's place with pikemen, to have them show up higher on the building queue list; now, the numbers and prerequesites were also changed in my version, (and even though we played with normal rules i didnt bother to switch them back since it'd make no difference if it worked properly) but apparently Narz only got the unit graphics working on his machine but the rules didnt make it through conversion and his phalanx looked like pikemen.

And, of course, when everybody else loaded the game, they had neither rules.txt nor the UNITS file so they saw something similar to what Narz saw. I can't say it any clearer without writing the same things over and over, but this should settle it, so, be at peace, and toast your host! He is not a cheater.

As for the big game, you gawking and spamming chicken-headed children, we don't need start dates anounced since everyone has a copy of a schedule made to line up everybody's availability time slots so that playing dates can be easily seen: whichever times hits everybody's slots are viable game dates/times. So, all i have to do, is notify everyone by email that the game has no further problems or missing players and they respond, or a quick note on the thread will do, and then we usually figure it out from there. It's much more comfortable than posting a date and hoping everyone will join, though a posted date does set some officiality, and is useful.

The Gameplayer

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicosar
                                As for the big game, you gawking and spamming chicken-headed children
                                OH... a lame attempt at an insult.

Come back and post after you have beaten somebody.
                                So far, all we've seen from you is two slaughters with you on the receiving end, and then your constant whining about bad luck
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X