X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that is not exactly difficult?

That requires a lot of luck.......

Comment

Invention in 2350bc (or 2550bc if you're strat) - just one more reason to hate 2x2x LOL.

Comment

Why do you even post on this DD? ALl you do is play deity with some rookies on a big ass map on the zone with like 6 other players. Do you even finish those games? Do you need all those other people so you can survive? There should be an option on threads to ban certain people from posting their useless idiocy. I've never met a good player that plays deity, nor will I probably ever.

Comment

Have you ever played a deity MP game?

RAH
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
            I've never met a good player that plays deity, nor will I probably ever.
            I think we have a self-fulfilling definition here ...

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

At least Eyes and I agree on 1 thing. 1 x 1 deity is a talentless restrictive way to play played by bad players who can not play on really tough settings like 2 x 2 king.
              8 Time Game League Champion!
              Oh, Its True, Its Dang True!

Comment

Wrong deity Dude, the very possibility of getting invention by 2350 bc is the exact reason you SHOULD play 2 x 2 and why , each turn you can accomplish so much more, so much faster on 2 x 2. But you continue to play your deity 1 x 1 games and run around with your horseman , push a few arrow keys and then end turn whille I get advanced tech, build wonders, build a huge civ, change the map drastically, explore my ass off fight with iron clads and calvery.

Comment

"tough settings like 2 x 2 king"

yes, build settlers and units and attack. Real Imaginative.
                  I bet you play villages only too.

Different strokes for different strokes.
                  But that's the beauty of the game.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ok, I'll prove that Deity has less strategy than King. Tell me one strategy specific to Deity. Just one. And don't tell me bull**** like the size 5 city strategy because that will only get you killed. I want to hear 1 all powerful game winning strategy like there are in King 2x2x. There are a zillion things you can do in 2x2x King. I'm only asking you to name 1 thing in Deity that seperates it from the rest as being the most strategic.

Comment

Name the zillion.
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

And I don't consider taking out three undefended cites with a explorer a strat. People that don't bother leaving a unit in exposed cities are idiots.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well you're telling me what's not a strategy, but you haven't told me what is a strategy. There's never been a strategy written for Deity before. I rest my case.

Comment

1 x 1 deity strategy, push a few arrow keys and hit enter...

Comment

It is meaningless to try and find a strategy that is unique to deity, and take the existence or lack of such a strategy as evidence as to which level requires more skill. The appropriate question is that of what is necessary on deity that is not at king. Like temples, defenders, and a well planned expansion.

For the most part players naturally gravitate towards one of the 2 extremes, 2x king or 1x deity. The former emphasises war and quick expansion, the latter more civ building and planning. Of course 1x deity is slower, but most of us take that as indicative of greater depth. Playing 2x king removes some of the problems that must be solved in 1x deity, but of course creates others. They are different games with different focuses. That is all that can reasonably be stated.

Comment

Touching...now back to the real topic. Deity sucks **** and there is absolutely nothing anyone can say that will show Deity has any sort of strategy to it. Is it really that difficult to build a temple?

Comment

Working...
                                X