Who gives an EyesOfNight about PBEM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EyesOfNight
    In other words he's so dumb that he thinks he's being intelligent by analyzing simple things but fails to see that this only portrays him as a complete idiot. He's one of those people that will try to master most minute thing so he can say he is good at the game even though he really truly sucks. It's kind of like AOK he told me about how he knew all the tech costs and how nobody else knew them like he does and how he was so proud of it. Like anyone gives a **** about how much the paladin upgrade costs? You're an idiot, you suck at computer games, deal with it and move on with your life.

EON, stop acting like a 4 year old for a second. Slow plays a very different style of game from you. He plays it more like chess than like a video game. If you don't like that...just be graceful. You little ****.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowThinker
      This is an aspect I never understood here: it seems most players play civ contentedly and don't care about exact rules and game mechanics.

Will you learn rules before you will play chess?

The explanation is probably that I look on the civ as on the chess, whereas most other players as on an adventure game.
      Well...I feel vindicated. I correctly diagnosed the signs of a chess puzzle player, before even reading this...

Comment

I think the "academics" like Marquis and Sloww have added a lot to the game. They've dispelled many myths, tracked donw interesting aspects like Oedo and tech advance beaker requirements.

obviously many people would be frustrated in playing like this in MP or even SP...but the academics still end up pushing the game forward. Their info permeates out...

Comment

Yeah, congrats to them, Oedo was a great discovery

Comment

i have to second stuff stated by the obviously fast players......exact odds aren't going to help you out to make them worth the wait.

Now if the payoff or such was worth its weight/wait in gold/tech...then we wouldn't have this debate...

its real simple...and can be likened to an accident

once the city drops or the units are ready to fight etc etc caravan is on its way....let it happen and remember the motto....."Move along folks, nothing to see hear"

All you slow players squeeking out that last beaker are over analyzing a simplistic/fun game.....

i assume your the type of people that slow down to look at traffic accidents too
            Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
            X