The History of the World III...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The History of the World III...

Well guys, I am back from my hiatus. In case anyone wants to know why there was a hiatus I'm the last person they should ask, I just didn't have time or didn't find any real want to play or whatever, I have no idea why I was gone I was just gone and to leave it at that would be perfect.

But, regardless I have made my unheralded return to Civilization and hope to go back to my old ways and begin yet another installment of the HOTW series of diplogames. I don't really want to start this up until March or so, maybe even April so we have time to plan it out and see where everyone stands.

So I guess I'm giving out an invitation to the world to play in this game and we'll see what we come up with, the usual suspects are invited without a doubt to play in the third installment...

But I am the Capo so here is my ridiculously arrogant statement about this game, ya know like I usually do, so here goes nothin;

Upon the face of our Earth was placed a great species known as man. However this species was born imperfect, he was born with lust, greed and animalistic instincts harboring hatred and indifference. Upon this paradox of greatness and weakness stands a test; a test of wisdom, power and time.

What "race" is bold enough to overcome the disabilities of this species called "man?" What great leader can direct his people to a higher purpose, to greatness? If you wish to embark upon an epic struggle to overcome the very handicaps placed upon the greatest species on the planet then enter the arena and stake your claim upon...

The History of the World!

And there we are...

EDIT: I apologize to all females for my seemingly masculine spectrum, but it sounds less important if I make it gender neutral, so yes females are also invited to play. (as an aside I'd like to apologize to Belinda )
    "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Captain Morant reporting for duty!

If it's USA Thurs night as per the HOTW2 slot count me in sunshine..... I wonder if Sir Francis will play... and Prom too... and Nappy! he he Give him a break Capo, he's good value - and be nice! You sob
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Is it thursday capo?
      I have the day off thursday, but I got to sleep at a reasonable hour......atleast 11 pm CST........
      I can play late monday, wensday, and friday nights.......

Comment

I'd like to play in that if at all possible.........I've been away from the forums for sometime but that will change.......
        Legalize it now!!!!!....Free the Weed!!!

Comment

Nappy who?

Nap Bonaparte is dead to me!!!

Despite the smiley I am perfectly serious, the guy ruined HOTWI and damn near ended the entire series of games. If II didn't so "well" (and I use the term loosely) this probably wouldn't even be happening.

Alright well, we could play a 7-11 session if Frank's down, I'd like to have him in the game because he played a very solid game last time, more posting would help but hey...

Deity is a shoe in if I've ever seen one, and why not throw dank in there? I mean hey, anyone who's name involves marijuana at all is cool with me, even if he didn't intend it that way.

So I guess that's already four people, with the remaining three slots I'd like to bring in three HOTWII vets if at all possible, if not I'd like to bring in some people I can bank on. Dank will be our token rookie so to speak, I think Prom would be a really good addition as well, he played really good for a diplo-rookie.

Drake would be good, I'd like Chris to play but I'm not sure his heart is in it, and Ozzy is another. So I guess we've got more prospect than slots, which is a very good indication this early on in the planning stages.

Well a few simple questions so we can start brain-storming:

1) World map?

2) SDI or no?

3) Any wonder/tech/unit changes etc...?

Alright let's think about this for a bit and whateva.

Peace.
          "Our cause is in the hands of fate. We can not guarantee success. But we can do something better; we can deserve it." -John Adams

One Love.

Comment

Ah cool. Hey capo I'll let you guys worry about the mods unless you really want my input (I tend to go all out and take over if I do)...anyway I had my fun with the sat night mod......

personally I like to take out SDI....I can have a perf on that right?

Comment

I am always willing to enjoy new civ experiences. If you don't mind another HOTW rookie, then I'll gladly fill another slot. I ICQed you capo, so let me know. A diplo game sounds interesting.
              "Why should I fear death? If I am, death is not. If death is, I am not. Why should I fear that which can only exist when I do not?"
              - Epicurus

Comment

HMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

I dunno.

Thursday nights are out for me.

First of all, does anyone think it perhaps ill-advised to start a year long Civ2 game that intends to begin around the same time Civ3 multiplayer comes out? With all the functions that Civ3 can offer Diplo-gaming I suggest we wait for Civ3 MP and play HOTW3 on that, as was originally intentioned. (don't go stealing and twisting my ideas again Capo)

On the other hand, I really love my map. And I have been thinking about Civ2 Diplo on my map. If you stubborn *****es decide to go ahead with this ridiculous idea of playing another long civ2 diplo-game at the dawn of a new era, I might be possibly interested. If it does come to pass, and if I don't manage to talk everyone out of it first, then I am reserving my spot in the mideast as the Arabs.

But honestly I don't think this is a good idea. Just wait for civ3 and we can do so much more without the problems of HOTW2.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Capo, say something about my scenario idea.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hmmm a return of the HOTW, sounds fun, if I end up getting my computer to work then I am in.

My thoughts,

No SDI
                    Yes to the world Map, it is History of the World after all.

Perhaps adding movement points to some of the naval and air units and slowing down the tech to at least 15/10.

Are we going to have people in American this time around or no?

Heh, and I will get to start the game this time, maybe even a decent start.

O and sorry to say this Oz, but Civ 3 just kind of sucks, doesn’t have the replay value that Civ two has.

Comment

What kind of world map would be good to play? I've been making world map lately....my medium sized one is working pretty well for the sat night game.

Comment

I'd be interested in joining if u have an open spot. I can promise you i will be a dependable show and I am pretty experienced at the game.

Thanks for your consideration.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
                          What kind of world map would be good to play? I've been making world map lately....my medium sized one is working pretty well for the sat night game.
                          I would think your medium map is too small. The map used in HOTW2 is perfect, and made initially for that purpose. I strongly urge we stick with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheus
                            No SDI
                            Yes to the world Map, it is History of the World after all.
                            I don't care about SDI, and I deffinatly suggest we use the same world map as last time.

Perhaps adding movement points to some of the naval and air units and slowing down the tech to at least 15/10.
                            Yes and yes.

O and sorry to say this Oz, but Civ 3 just kind of sucks, doesn’t have the replay value that Civ two has.
                            Ah, Civ3 Single player may suck, but Civ3 Multiplayer shows promise. And Diplogaming is FAR different than even standard multiplayer, which is of course FAR different from single player. I suggest that Civ3 Diplogaming would be a very promising option. This is totally different from anyone's experiences with Civ3 SP.

Just think of the possibilities. I've always thought the trade system in Civ2 is very lacking. Civ3 trade is MUCH more realistic, which only increases the joy of diplogaming. Many wars in real life were over competition for resources, in Civ2 this dimension is totally absent. It is essential in Civ3, and I think we could make this feature shine in diplogames.

The increased options in diplomacy too would greatly benifit a diplogame. Any complaints people have about AI in Civ3 are irrelivant because we won't be playing with AI in a Diplogame.

You all really need to stop comparing Civ3 single player and Civ3 Diplogaming, they are truly two different games.

Comment

HOTW3

Please consider my application to the HOTW3. Sounds excellent. I am open to map size and would depend on the HOTW vets to pick an optimal one. Same answer on SDI, the vets have the best ideas on what works.

Evenings are best, weekend mornings do not work. I am on Central time. I have played a few games with RAH, MING, War4Ever. Had a nice game last weekend which included Kuja and SmartFart.

I still can't get Civ3 to work on my computer. I think I need a hotter graphics board. I played it at my brother-in-law's house for a few hours. I was not impressed. Prometheus has it right, Civ3 just doesn't have the replay value of Civ2.
                              Beer - helping white guys dance since 1878.

Comment

Working...
                              X