Civ3: Who's resolve is first to falter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• your a disgrace AH but as long as your having fun , thats all that matters
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• Well I'd recommend farting around in the lower levels till you get the game concepts right - I'm learning a lot. Like, the conscript thing - I just about halved the pop of one of my major cities because I pressed the draft button over and over thinking it wasn't working because no new units were showing up at the bottom of the screen Also I hadn't put walls into just about any of my cities which I now realise has made the AI's task that much easier
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• hehe i did the same thing with that draft button..before you know it my city was in disorder....i must have clicked it 20 times.....

cursing at the computer wondering where in the hell my conscritps went

and AH...to each his own....i am just teasing..... its been baptisim by fire with me ....i have no manual and have asked some silly questions on the board trying to figure out why rivers slow me down even when i have roads and how to establish embassies.....

Comment

• I didn't notice any teasing.

I'm quite happy to putter along in Chieftain till I have a better idea what's going on.Like, I noticed fairly late you can set production to war economy
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

• war production only builds war time units and buildings...... wow thanks firaxis..... god knows i would have been stumped on that one if you didn't include it for me

Comment

• Originally posted by War4ever
              i refuse to pay for crap again...... and civ3 is soooooooooo boring now.... i have only one level to beat and one victory condition left to achieve....once i get cultural victory on deity this game is finished unitl mp (if we ever get there) or if the patch(es) fix things
              Boring? Already done with it?

Carolus

Comment

• Carolus.....i have been off work almost a month.... owned a copy of the game for that long..... played it alot of the time...losing a few nights sleep in the process...

its gone in phases of being enjoyable, a disappointment...and fullc circle again.

The game isn't that difficult really.......

my deity attempt will come today..... wish me luck...i have to go back to work on monday thank god....i am bored out of my skulll

Comment

• Good luck!

Carolus

Comment

• I think that's the difference. I may have put in, at most, 16 hours of playing Civ3 in the past month. (War4 probably had done that in one day.) While I'll be playing Civ3 off and on for the next 3-4 months (and enjoying it while waiting for the scenarios), others, in their impatience or boredom, decided to become obsess with it until they get burned out. Don't you think it would have been wiser to take it slow and easy to make it last longer instead of slam-bam?

Comment

• nice one steve...... while i did have a couple of civ games go all night and have that just one more turn feel...... i find the lower levels beneath my competing ability.....

being able to brag that you wail on the game at monarch or regent for me doesn't have any significance....

if/when i clobber the infidel ai on deity..then i can say i am actually playing the game ....

besides what else am i supposed to do when i am off work....mope

plus i like mp....so until civ3 becomes mp i just have the dull ai to play against....it gets old real quick..civ2/civ3/smac/ human interaction is just so much more fullfilling for me

and one does need to test all the so called strategies......and the mechanics of the game....before i decide whether its worth buying

i hope your enjoying your gaming experience steve..... slow n steady is certainly fun....and like everything there is a time and a place for it

Comment

• It probably seems boring because its SP. Once you've multiplayed its hard to go back.

I've now reached 2018 in my first game and I'm nowhere near global conquest but I'll keeping going.

Comment

• i tend to agree with AH , i prefer starting on the lower levels to get a feel for things then move on up.. I adding extra civs each time i play, so by the time i get to deity level i will playing agsint all 15 AI ...!!!!

Also i dont like civ specific units so i disabled them in al lgames ....
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

• WTF?

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I've just gotten into the plus 1000AD era in my 3rd game. I'm on an island, alone and not met anyone....

But the turns are taking 10 mins or more! Is this right?

[I'm using a PIII450/384ram]

I'm getting so bored. It's like an MP game with no people!
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

• No, that is absolutely not right at all. The answer probably lies in Civ3-Help but I'm afraid to go there.

Comment

• my pII266 can only play fast games on a standard map....Markus told me his 1.4gig machine has problems on large maps as well......

someone made a quip about firaxis making a speed em up patch but i don't remember who it was...

not sure what else to say about it Deity...we all seeem to be in the same boat

Comment

Working...
                                X