No announcement yet.

Great War PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If mister Kirk is not going to be playing, might we get a new CSA? We can't have delays like this in a PBEM game and ever expect to be finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott F
      If mister Kirk is not going to be playing, might we get a new CSA? We can't have delays like this in a PBEM game and ever expect to be finished.
      If he dosn't turn up, I'll take it (and leave Russia to the AI )
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

How much longer should we wait for him?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott F
          How much longer should we wait for him?
          I don't know. Try asking on the of PBEM vetrans. He's had 48 hours though...
          'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'

Comment

I dont know. a week is about the minimum youk now as long as it wont happen again. I mean the Age of war game almost got trashed before it started but we waited for about a month on that. but a week i think and then you email him and tell him hes been replaced.
            Maps, Maps, MORE MAPS!!!!

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"

Comment

Thanks Grothgar

Comment

Hey guys....sorry for keeping you waiting, I was out of town for a couple days, and didn't see this thread before that...Are we just posting the savegames on this thread or sending them, btw? Anyway about it, I'll play my turn and upload the file for jimmywax, and we can get this going again, thanks for your patience, y'all (getting into character).
                Last edited by JamesJKirk; November 4, 2001, 16:49.

Comment

I think that it's better to post the files here.

Also, I had really hoped that we could go on a six day cycle, with a person playing each day. That would keep the pace up and things interesting.

Comment

Double post....

it's much harder to find historical pictures from the period when your country didn't exist at that point in time....
                    Last edited by JamesJKirk; November 4, 2001, 20:45.

Comment

Richmond Times-Dispatch

[b]WAR with United States!!![b]

Confederate troops take Washington, forces move toward Philadelphia

Yankee state of Utah in open rebellion

A state of war now exists between the Confederate States and the United States. Speaking to a crowd of thousands in Richmond yesterday, President Wilson informed his countrymen that fighting had broken out along the border. After hearing that Roosevelt asked the US Congress for a declaration of war against the Confederate States and her Entente allies, Wilson announced that "The German spirit of arrogance and militarism has taken hold in the United States; they see only the gun as the arbiter between nations, and their president takes Wilhelm as a model." It was made clear that this was not a war the CSA has asked for, but one in which they are right and will win. Following his speech, thousands of men, young and old rushed to the recruiting stations to don the butternut of the CSA and protect its frontiers from aggression.

As fighting broke out, the CS guns began fire from their positions across the Potomac from Washington, DC. After several rounds of artillery barrage and cavarly raid, US forces were embarrassingly driven from their capitol city, and even further, as Confederate momentum pushed deep into US territory.

As news of the tremendous victory was transmitted, word was also receive that several naval fleets have left port and are steadily patroling the ocean for Quadruple Alliance ships.

In other news, a large scale rebellion has swept the US state of Utah from Yankee control. As Washington fell to Confederate control, Mormon rebels, tired of being repressed by the Yankee government, rose up throughout the state to throw of the yoke of the United States. The loss of the state in effect cuts the United States in two, another damaging blow to the already bungling Yankee campaign.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by JamesJKirk; November 4, 2001, 21:15.

Comment

edit: the photos are showing up now

Comment

Nothing to report from the French front except for our forces glorious strategic withdrawal.
                          Attached Files
                          "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                          "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

Hmmm, I hope this thing keeps moving along...

Anyway, I have a question about the single player version:
                            I've been playing Germany, and have gotten through June 1916, but when I save it, run the batch file pikc #5 and reload the game, it crashes to my desktop. I've reinstalled the scenario and tried it again and again, but the same thing always happens, I can upload the file to here so someone can see if they have the same problem, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJKirk
                              Hmmm, I hope this thing keeps moving along...
                              Scott and I have played our turns and posted on the other message board

Comment

Originally posted by Case

Scott and I have played our turns and posted on the other message board
                                Yeah, I noticed a little while ago...

happy election day!

Comment

Working...
                                X