No announcement yet.

Tales from the Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortunately there is just about enough room for both games and girlfriends (or wives for the oldsters ), so there is no need to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
      No one mention Onion Island.
      I have no idea what Onion Island is about. At the risk of stepping on someone's toes, could somebody please fill in the blanks (or give a link?) *runs for cover*

Carolus

Comment

its bollocks. its not even very interesting. everyone except deity expanded and explored so deity ended up having no land. when he eventually discovered triremes in about 1500ad and found an island he claimed it as his own even though finbar had about 20 size 30 cities on it.

since finbar is peaceful and trusting and had a peace treaty with deity the island was lightly defended.
        so deity the fascist warmonger that he is invaded and captured the island.

see, told you it wasn't very interesting.
        Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
          its bollocks. its not even very interesting. everyone except deity expanded and explored so deity ended up having no land. when he eventually discovered triremes in about 1500ad and found an island he claimed it as his own even though finbar had about 20 size 30 cities on it.

since finbar is peaceful and trusting and had a peace treaty with deity the island was lightly defended.

Thought deity had a spotless reputation

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

So he claims.

Comment

You've got a future as a CNN anchor, Makeo.
              " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa

Even he has now conceded the spotless reputation was always bullsh*t.
                " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

I have no idea what Onion Island is about. At the risk of stepping on someone's toes, could somebody please fill in the blanks (or give a link?) *runs for cover*

Carolus
                  Gee, Carolus, there's an Australian Rules football team with the same colours as your flag. And you thought you had absolutely no cosmic connection with Australia.

Comment

I take Carolus's post as a sign we have a dedicated band of lurkers here.
                    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

I was in this game and somehow the way you describe it does not ring a bell at all.
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I see. So deity played as the English and finbar as the Aboriginees.

Carolus
                        Last edited by Carolus Rex; July 22, 2003, 06:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                          I take Carolus's post as a sign we have a dedicated band of lurkers here.
                          Yeah, I have to admit that I find the Aussie threads quite entertaining.

Overall, the MP forum seems to have turned into an "Aussie + Moderators and friends" - spam fest.

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by finbar

Gee, Carolus, there's an Australian Rules football team with the same colours as your flag. And you thought you had absolutely no cosmic connection with Australia.
                            There was a time when Australian Open (tennis) was tantamount to the Swedish National Championships...

Carolus

Comment

There was a time when Australian Open (tennis) was tantamount to the Swedish National Championships...

Carolus
                              Give Stefan our national regards next time you see him.

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit that I find the Aussie threads quite entertaining.

Overall, the MP forum seems to have turned into an "Aussie + Moderators and friends" - spam fest.

Carolus
                                Overall, it's the Moderators + friends who do the spamming while we Australians have to do the moderating.

Comment

Working...
                                X