Tales from the Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Front

I just had very enjoyable game. Enjoyable because i won of course, but heres a bit of a tale from the front.

Three players. I got off to a pretty good start. Got some cities down, got Lighthouse, and thought I was crusing.
    Attached Files
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Things Progress.

The greeks lose their capital to the Romans and so are basically out of the game.

The Aztecs began to languis and the Romans build HG and the Collossus. I still have a good pop lead due to more cities.
    I send three triremes and six elephants and kill a northern Roman city.
    Attached Files

Comment

Romans on the Move

The romans are rapidly getting out of control. They build the chapel get monotheism and feudalism whilst the aztecs have to be content with polytheism and no more wonders.

Romans have a go at Teayo but the defenders just hold on against the crusaders.

Therefore I attack the norther roman city you can see north east of my triremes. 8 elephants. Destroy city because Romans are defending well.
      Attached Files

Comment

Here I come.

Luckily most of my elephants survive and I reinforce them with three more elephants and a settler. So i have 5 triremes with 9 elephants and one settler. I build my gateway city since I know there will be roman cities within attacking distance.
        Attached Files

Comment

The coolest part.

This next battle was very cool, from my perspective. My attack force was five triremes, eight elephants and one elephant with a sliver of red.

I pull my ships through gateway and move south east, and find the wonder city of the Romans. Note the two pikes on the trees. I got lucky there. So I land my elephants and attack. There are three unfortified pikes plus a phalanxe plus an elephant plus a a crusader plus two caravans in the city. I lose one battle. but it puts the pikeman into the red. So here I am the city is size one all my elephants have moved except the one in the red with only one movement point. Two of my ships have 1 movement left. I attack with the first ship and it kills a cara. the second ship attacks and kills the red pike. the wonder city is at size one with no defenders. I have nothing left except the red elephant. he hops off the ship into the wonder city destroying it. HG, Colossus and MC go down. I nearly had a heart attack. fun fun fun.
          Attached Files

Comment

So overall I had some luck, but triumphed in the end.

Comment

wow, that is fun! good stuff Makeo
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

"Tales from the Front" used to be a staple of the MP forums. It's good to see the old tradition brought back.

Thanks for the story. Anybody else have some great stories?
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Nice story, and good attack

Comment

Makeo is a true legend
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

I've heard him called other things by people he has played
                      Keep on Civin'
                      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Other stories? Well there was this time makeo agreed to cede me a city and..........
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

No one mention Onion Island.

Comment

You've been warned never to mention that Island.
                            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                              You've been warned never to mention that Island.
                              I was just making sure noone would mention it.

Comment

Working...
                              X