Tales from the Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    We didn't really have agreements in our old long term games either. Borders were what you could enforce, not what you could negotiate
    True, but negotiations are king if there is a balance of power.

Comment

Its this kind of attitude that got you Yanks into all that trouble in Iraq.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Yep. It's like having a border with Berz. You don't pay attention for a sec, and you open a few city screens to do maint. and all of them now show cities in range.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yep... borders for us are any place you can sneak a city in... even if it's on that gold square somebody is using
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

or across the river over the hills and into the valley...and within city range.....

again, borders are what you can control NOT what you agree to
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Any city on a river is likely to see the pre worked fortress appear next to it with a bunch of units piling into it
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Your idea of fun....
                  Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by finbar

Nuh. Just pick any Horse and Deity in-game, um, discussion about borders.
                    he he

I think everyone is missing Horse's and my gentle discussions... but he's still not talking to me
                    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

When he hosts he sends IP's via the other players !!
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I missed the earlier part of this thread. Great stuff Makeo! You always add excitement to games.

In fact you sound almost as excitable as the time you started bribing my ships from the land in the ONION ISLAND GAME... you said you were bouncing out of your chair

Do you realise that finbar has never attacked me???
                        But he clearly declared war on me in the Onion game... as Makeo's ally.
                        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          "Now tell us about Onion Island."
                          And that last post was before I read this smart arse remark
                          *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Gee, lucky some of the others are still talking to you or you'd be playing with yourself.
                            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
                            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
                              Gee, lucky some of the others are still talking to you or you'd be playing with yourself.
                              Everyone else seems to think I'm good for a game.. it's only you and Horsie that get uptight

BTW What did I do wrong again???

*deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                                Other stories? Well there was this time makeo agreed to cede me a city and..........
                                ... which destroyed the Horse civ and lost Makeo his Spaceship

Well do you feel lucky? Punk? Do ya?
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X