X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... succession game
    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Come on , lets play as a team and do it my way.
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Be happy, SG[1]!
        I chose zero research (but it was mainly in order to build a number of crusaders and disband them ,so as to build Mike ASAP).

420 We meet the Aztecs and they kindly give us 150g to keep us smiling.
        We .
        480 MIKE is completed; ASTRO is discovered; REPUBLIC not offered; we start 'researching' UNIV (research slider set at 0 ) and start building COPE.
        500 Celt elephant attacks a crusader and dies (the crusader was fortified on mountain).
        560 Celts give 75g for a cease fire, but our reputation is already atrocious, so we take KELLS.
        580 We meet the Mongols who give us 25g to keep us smiling. We ...and give them a number of techs, because of the nice colour of their uniforms (beakers/tech reduced from 1012 to 908 IIRC).
        600 COPE is completed; research slider goes up.
        620 Advanced tribe, sorry to be named BOONOSPYATALL
        640 We take CARDIFF (but the defenders were so numerous that the city and the Oracle are destroyed )
        660 STARVINGCAMEL established; CARMARTHEN destroyed.
        740 We take CAERNARFON
        780 The Greeks will have 350g; we disagree = war.
        800 UNIV discovered; REP not offered; we choose to research SEAFARING (so many huts left to tip all around the world ).

to the next leader: the crusaders SE of Detroit are waiting for a city to be built where they stand (the settler ready to embark, close to STARVINGCAMEL, should be able to do that, and that city might be our starting point for the conquest of America)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hmmmm, did the Aztec break the cease fire after paying us off, or did we enhance our rakish reputation?
          We want Rep to trade to our enemies, that they may foolishly cripple themselves?
          I'd still go for Nav first, so our armies may be ferried more efficiently. ( Be patient, Admiral Git. The Navy will take the offensive in due time.)
          (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
          (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
          (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I see the save and shall play in the fullness of time

And research what I damn well please
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
              Hmmmm, did the Aztec break the cease fire after paying us off, or did we enhance our rakish reputation?
              Well, I'm afraid we enhanced... Our rabid crusaders were busy chasing Celt elephants and a young Aztec horseman found it wise to fortify on a chokepoint and stop us. Such vile provocations cannot be tolerated

Comment

( Be patient, Admiral Git. The Navy will take the offensive in due time.)
                What...only Triremes...then I will take the helm and you lot can row

-------------------------

SG(2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Re: The 1st Hydey years

Gentlemen,

Could it be that Republic was not offered because Hydey had already discovered it?

SG[1]

Originally posted by Hydey

140 AD discover republic, no I like been a king
                  Destroy buffalo taking 14 gold and construction away with us
                  Just another observation from the cheap seats...

Comment

We want Rep to trade to our enemies, that they may foolishly cripple themselves?
                    We discovered Rep 650 years ago
                    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

@ La Fayette

I must have been very sleepy when I checked

Comment

OK, so La Fayette has played. That means 2 things.

1. It's STYOM's turn (our fearless leader).
                        2. Need to determine how many turns this round. 10? 12? 15?

Oh, and looking at the order, I can't help but notice that I'm trapped between two Gits...
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          OK, so La Fayette has played. That means 2 things.

1. It's STYOM's turn (our fearless leader).
                          2. Need to determine how many turns this round. 10? 12? 15?
                          1. Yes it is. I promise to tear myself away from Grand Theft Auto, tonight

2. I'm aiming for fewer turns, just because at 20 turns apiece, we may not all get a second turn. I'm thinking 12, or 10.
                          "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                          "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            Oh, and looking at the order, I can't help but notice that I'm trapped between two Gits...
                            Ah...you should be used to that...with the names of two moderators in your title

----------------------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Admiral Git

Ahem, I believe the full quote shoulda been:
                              I'd still go for Nav first, so our armies may be ferried more efficiently. ( Be patient, Admiral Git. The Navy will take the offensive in due time.)
                              (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                              (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                              (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                                Ah...you should be used to that...with the names of two moderators in your title
                                ----------------------------------
                                SG(2)
                                They're just old college buddies with whom I share a lot of common interests -- drinking, gaming, bridge, golf, scifi, pinball, pro sports, etc.

I find their elevated status on Poly a source of infinite amusement.
                                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                                X