Ever Fall Victim to a Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monolith94
    I think I remember falling victim to a civil war once... I may be mistaken though. I think it's possible.
    Well, I'm going to give it another shot. This time I'm playing the Celts on a standard Earth map (large). Once my "supreme-ness" is secure, I'll let some has-been power waltz into Cardiff.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Make sure the AI beats the Barbs to it.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Heh. I'll deliberately put an AI unit right next to the undefended capital. Although that's going to have to wait — my most recent game at the Emperor level has left me in the dust.

The Carthaginians basically took over all of Eurasia in short time and are ignoring me (the Aztecs) in Central and North America. It's funny seeing the AI get two techs per turn and completing wonders every three turns or so. The AI cheats at that level are so obvious it was aggravating. Eventually I just accepted it, though.

The strange thing is, the AI never launched a starship prior to the end of the game (2020), even though it had all the knowledge needed by the 1960s. I suppose it was waiting for me to catch up or something. How humanitarian, eh?

Gatekeeper
        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

Comment

It doesn't matter how much the AI cheats. Just take the woopass stick to them for a bit. End of problem.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            Just take the woopass stick to them for a bit. End of problem.
            Woopass stick has not yet reached my end of the pond. What is it? (I think I have a vague idea )

------------------------------

SG(2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

It's a stick. It whoops ass. 'Nuff said really.

Comment

Perhaps rah should demonstrate for those unaccustomed to the deployment of the whoopass stick.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                  Perhaps rah should demonstrate for those unaccustomed to the deployment of the whoopass stick.
                  Be careful - it's what the banning rod was called, prior to the invention of the lathe and the internet.
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Yeah, but, rah, I'm just too damn nice. I'd suck at MP, that's for sure. "What?! Airbases on top of Mt. Everest?! No way!"

Gatekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X