Clear All

• Who's up??

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
      Who's up??

Monk
      Careful... [1] may have mellowed since becoming a married man, but he was very emphatic that it was HIS turn, last week

Look 5 posts up
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Oh, I saw that. I was more impacted by the date on the post. Good taste compels against speculating about the cause of the delay; but, whatever, it has been nearly a week.

So, The honeymoon can wait...

Monk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bloody Monk
          So, The honeymoon can wait...
          Actually, if they " " the honeymoon should be completed...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• Clearly, the Rabbit point of view is "one" dimensional; whereas, I believe, the RAR will have planned a layered approach to the campaign with multiple vectors of exploitation.

Actually, I am not so concerned about the delay as I have been quite ill the past week and could not play either. It would be nice to have a "I'm on the case" post, or, so I do suppose.

Monk

Comment

• Don't panic ... the Gits will complete their turns tomorrow night

I was down to finish it myself - but along came two other games that had to be played.

------------------

SG(2)
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                Don't panic ... the Gits will complete their turns tomorrow night

I was down to finish it myself - but along came two other games that had to be played.

------------------

SG(2)
                I have my towel. I shall not panic.

Monk

Comment

• More Sweetness

OK you guys - I'm back - married, but unbowed (he lies) - the delay was caused more by frantic exam setting than by nuptuals, but such is life....

==========

0660 = Bewilderment - we have no trade routes to speak of - no harbours - NO FLOWERS - and the AI are abrim with useful techs - let us diplome - but first - Lux to 40% rush Aqueduct in Mean City get celebration there - now -- Romans - Seafaring - We can build Harbours -- Spanish - Mathematics -- Gift an Encarta to the Indians - tech multiplier 30 (we started with Bronze) - someone has been rehoming caravans!!! :bad: This is NO LONGER ALLOWED - OK it wasn't in the rules, but we didn't think we needed to say that!!! some tickling

0680 = Aqueduct in Mean City; Gold, Pool of Grace-Mean City, 28g; Gold, Sticky Meanie - Heaven's Gate, 28g; tickle
                  0700 = much tickling
                  0720 = Harbour in Mean City; much tickling;
                  0740 = Wine, Maxwell's Hammer - Mean City, 50g; and much tickling; Science back to 50%; Wine(d), Bad leroy Brown-Beggarsville, 54g;
                  0760 = Library in Mean City now size 12; lux to 20 science to 70; much tickling;
                  0780 = tickling
                  0800 = Medicine->Astronomy; tickling
                  0820 = Library in Pool of Grace; tickle
                  0840 = minor tickle
                  0860 = Salt (rehomed), Mean City - Antium, 146g; Spice, Mean City - Antium, 150g; tickle
                  0880 = Astronomy-> Banking; Dye(d), Mean City - Antium, 300g; Americans - Banking & maps; Gold, Mean City - Antium, 150g; frantic tickling
                  0900 = Copernicus' Observatory in Mean City; tickle
                  0920 = tickle;
                  0940 = Temple in Maxwell's Hammer; University in Mean City;
                  0960 = tickle
                  0980 = Theory of Gravity->Navigation; tickle
                  1000 = tickle
                  1020 = Engineering from the Spanish;
                  1040 = Gems, Sticky Meanie-Ur, 452g; ;
                  1060 = Navigation->Sanitation; MarketPlace in Pool of Grace; Salt, Maxwell's Hammer-Mean City (unblocking), 27g;

Sanitation is a quarter of the way in; Shake's builds on the turn; Mean City scheduled for explosive development after Sewer System & Bank (hint, hint); triremes coming home to disband into Caravels for ship chain to Rome (hint, hint, hint); Food caravans on the way for Ike's - looks pretty good - we fancy getting to Commie & building a zillion vet spies prior to Jihad.

We actually played most of these turns on my [1] 'Stag Night' - sad sad people that we are!

The Gits once more in concert and only half way through the second

We played 20 turns so please play 10 turns each now.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Play Order

SG[1]
                    SG(2)
                    Bloody Monk
                    SCG
                    Bob_Smurf42
                    La Fayette
                    -JRabbit
                    STYOM
                    obiwan18
                    Old n Slow

10 turns each please

The SGs once more in concert

Comment

• No more caravan rehoming!

The SGs

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                        No more caravan rehoming!

The SGs
                        Ididntdoit!

But, yeah... I would have though that 'no rehoming vans' was up there in the same rules strata as 'no reloading bad huts'...
                        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Caravan rehoming is allowed in CFC's GOTMs.
                          Someone probably got mixed up
                          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

• The Monk has the ball. Will play tomorrow, I hope.

What's caravan rehoming??

Monk

Comment

• just out of curiousity - i bribed a caravan in the no science game - it was in one of our city limits, so it was supported from one of our cities. Is there a ruling for if we bribe a caravan and it turns out to be NON? (thats the only time i ever rehome a caravan)
                              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

• Re: More Sweetness

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                                ...Sanitation is a quarter of the way in; Shake's builds on the turn; Mean City scheduled for explosive development after Sewer System & Bank (hint, hint); triremes coming home to disband into Caravels for ship chain to Rome (hint, hint, hint); Food caravans on the way for Ike's - looks pretty good - we fancy getting to Commie & building a zillion vet spies prior to Jihad.

We played 20 turns so please play 10 turns each now.

I understand what you have done and your hints are well taken...except the bit about disbanding triremes. Is this because the Lighthouse will go out pretty soon, making them landhuggers again??

I suppose you tried to get Invention from the Greens and they declined while working on Leo's?? Or did you defer swapping techs because the Germs have Great Lib??

How valuable is the alliance with Purple?? You didn't mention any "gifts" from them. Getting them to disband will put our trireme on jets, allowing for quicker disposal.

Finally, what happened with the Americans?? A few turns back we exchanged maps, now we are at war??

Just a few questions. Hope you don't mind and can get back soon.

Monk

Comment

Working...
                                X