Turning Pollution Off From Scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Pollution Off From Scenarios

is there a way to turn off pollution from scenarios?

I mean, on the other day I was playing this Hellenistic Age scenario, and after discovering foundries pollution started to appear. a while went and global tempperatures rose => my game ruined. I mean that that much pollution is a bit unrealistic in ancient ages.

and, of course, I was playing a single human player MP game with x2x2.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

cheat menu/scenario parameters/edit special rules/eliminate pollution

should be toggled to 1
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Scenarios with obvious flaws like that are best avoided.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

You can also leave pollution turned on but turn off global warming with a hex-edit. There is a mention somewhere in the scenario/creation forum. (I thought I had a link but I can't find it.)
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I read somewhere that global warming in the Midgard scenario actually improves the land because the desert terrain has been edited to give a sort of better farmland.

Comment

I discovered that option like 4 hours after I bought the game. That was in 1996. 7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
              I read somewhere that global warming in the Midgard scenario actually improves the land because the desert terrain has been edited to give a sort of better farmland.
              Warming gets you more plains & desert inland; swamp on coast. So if you change those you could make pollution into something positive...interesting concept.
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

pollution could be some positive factor... build as many factories as possible and get loads of production, and thereby improve the planet... isn't that a nice idea?

of course it will give negative scoer, but that doesn't matter in a scenario with objectives

Comment

That was in 1996. 7 years ago.
                  Remind me why we are playing a 7 yr old game? Civ is deep.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

can't you tell, sometimes I play games that are 13 years old :geek:

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
                      cheat menu/scenario parameters/edit special rules/eliminate pollution

should be toggled to 1
                      YEAH! thanks.

Originally posted by Theben
                      Scenarios with obvious flaws like that are best avoided.
                      but its HELLENISTIC AGE! one of the best scenarios I've seen.
                      My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Working...
                      X