Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Should we continue west or straighten the front?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll - Should we continue west or straighten the front?

The Belorussian front has found weak resistance by the germans in its drive west, outstripping the advances by the other fronts.

The key decision we need to hear from all our members is whether the stavka -> marshal should order an offensive against Berlin this summer by the belorussian front or give it explicient instructions to to work at linking up the fronts esp in the south where there are tons of germans units.
    Drive on to Berlin no mater the cost
    12.50%
    Hold positions reinforce till winter
    12.50%
    All work at shortening the front lines
    75.00%
    Other
    0.00%
    Last edited by Colwyn; June 20, 2003, 19:03.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

It is a bad idea to overextend ourselves anymore than we already are. We must move more reinforcements forward, and guarantee the safety of our lines of supply before we advance any further!
    Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
    Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

Cowlyn, I don't have the power to edit polls, but I don't think it matters much in this case, in three days we'll know one way or the other what the people think.

Comment

Drive for glory as many Russian workers struggle under the boot of Nazi oppression? Never!!!

In more practical terms, it will keep a lot of units to guard those flanks, I think it is better for overall strategy to straighten up the front. Also, while Berlin is a great city to hold, taking something such as the Ploesti oilfields is actually more useful.

On the other hand, if the Germans aren't even guarding their cities, liberation of their volk isn't exactly a bad thing.
        David Disraeli
        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

we should work on making a straight front and removing all the salients that exist (the baltic and Ukranian salients which are under German control come to mind)
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Very wise words so far thank you, I'd like to hear from many more people as this is a turning point in the game re what happens next
            Pavlov Zangalis - Hero of the capture of Berlin RFDG.

Comment

Let's free our brothers from the evil capitalist parasites, first.

Then we can work on spreading the revolution to the rest of Europe, even to the heart of Germany, Berlin!

This would mean straightening out our fronts, all the way to Odessa, before we proceed.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I may have voted, and I might not have.

How the General Secretary Stands on this issue shall remain a mystery.

Hopefully the right decision will be made................
                *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Working...
                X