Elections - President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elections - President

Starting the new game off with a choice of candidates...
    123John321
    15.79%
    MrWhereItsAt
    68.42%
    Banana Gloriosa
    15.79%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

I don't who wins really, I'll be happy with 2nd place!
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

My vote goes for MrWhereItsAt
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

lets here the speeches....or i am voting for the strong silent type, the banana
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

EDIT: DP

Comment

The representative of the banana (the one sitting on my desk) told me that the Banana Gloriosa promised a handsoff policy on society, and would do nothing before getting unanimous support from every single person in the tribe. "Democracy! We don't know what it is, but it sounds good."

Comment

sound promissing...now let's hear what 123John321 and MWIA have to promis...large military budgets are nice absolute powers for the soldiers .

Shade
              ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
              "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
              shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Shade, were you head of the army in the first Civ2 Demogame's first term? (I don't remember )
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

When will the new President (whomever that may be) start the first session? How much time are we going to have for polls?
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                  Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                    Shade, were you head of the army in the first Civ2 Demogame's first term? (I don't remember )
                    I didn't remember either but we have a litle local library : our index of new apolytonia
                    And I found there I did
                    (and on many other ocassions)

Shade
                    ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                    shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Remember the start of the last game
                      remember constant whining for posting the save.
                      Banana could just be the logical pick
                      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Hey, no publicity is bad publicity, right?

Hi all. I ask you to vote for me as first President of the 3rd Civ2 Democracy Game. I have a long record of Democracy game participation, and it all started here, where I was Supreme Military Commander and then final President of our first game. From memory that game was won by Total World Conquest in 1812 (sounds good, Shade ). The military will certainly be a more important part of our tactics this time around due to the no Wonder building limitation. However, just for the start I hope we can concentrate on getting cities in productive areas to allow for war-factories in later years.

If we are to survive in this harsh environment, we will need to take on civilisations right from the word go - I would hope that early warfare will be our watchwords, and that the FAM will coordinate with the SMC in determining where is best to strike first.

Learning the lessons of the past, the start of this game will be far less hurried than the start of the last - early on polls and posted pictures of our maps will be far more prevalent - city positions will be absolutely critical decisions with our new restrictions. Ideally I'd like to post a picture instantly upon starting the game for ideas on where best to settle, and on directions for exploration, second city, etc.

With a good start we can blitz the competition early (the map willing). A bloodthirsty war game, that is what we will need to play here. Let the rivers run red!
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Hydey
                          Remember the start of the last game
                          remember constant whining for posting the save.
                          Banana could just be the logical pick
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

oh! My Speech:

I'll do my best to NOT to screw up last time!

Comment

At least you got a speech in.

Both candidates whined in the last game for different reasons.

When in doubt, vote the canuck.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                              X