Demo Game #3 - Number of Cities Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Game #3 - Number of Cities Poll

I would normally hesitate to post one poll that could conflict with another, but at 6-0, it appears safe to assume we don't want to use ICS.

So do we want to limit the number of cities we *build*?

A is whether to limit, B is "if yes" how many.
    A - Limit number of cities
    0.00%
    A - Don't limit number of cities
    50.00%
    B - Limit 15-20 Built
    37.50%
    B - Limit 21-25 Built
    6.25%
    B - Limit 26-30 Built
    0.00%
    B - Limit 31-35 Built
    0.00%
    B - 36+ Built
    6.25%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

It's just one of those bad days, and the sad part is that I'm sober. No excuse for the errors.

Ignore the first choice. If you want no limit on the number of cities, vote for the second choice. If you want a limit, choose from the B group.

Sorry about all this and I'm really embarrassed.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

I would say 15, as this is military conquest we can just capture the rest

Comment

i'd say a max of 25, with about 20 being better, a nice strong foundation to smite our enemies (everyone else )
        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Ming: could you check this poll?

I've voted on this twice now and still the 'limit number of city's' shows zero votes

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
            Ming: could you check this poll?

I've voted on this twice now and still the 'limit number of city's' shows zero votes
            "TWICE"?

Ignore the first selection. It's not multiple choice. When you choose a number of cities, it undoes the first line selection. I meant to take the first selection out when I added the "B" choices. (That's me, not you)

Comment

ICS-

All-right, I confess that I am a sleaze, so I will vote +36 cities.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

no limits
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Well, how to interpret these results? 8 for no limits, 8 for limits. But that 36+ vote seems to suggest no limits, which would make it 9 no limits, 7 limits. Perhaps the question should be defferred until during the game.

Comment

I say that we should have a limit on number of turns (or years?) between allowed city foundations instead. A year limit would allow early expanding, but stop the expanding in later game, and a turn limit would give a constant expanding ability.

Then you can discuss if there should be citypoints (so that if we don't build a city at first when we are allowed we can build it later, and still build the next one at the same turn as if we'd built the first. Other option is to not stack, and if you don't buiold a city no more cities can be built until the counter has passed the level when the next city is built.)
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i vote no limits, just build cities and units, in a quasi ics pattern...city space city space is lame....no point building sh!te cities just to maintain a pattern
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

One downside to ICS'ing would be that the job of the city planner would be kinda

Comment

Working...
                        X