Military after A/C launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military after A/C launch

This poll addresses future concerns of our mighty apolytonian democracy.

What shall our military stance be after we launch for Alpha Centauri?

6 options:

Max Aggression: We will launch invasions on all of the computer powers.

Medium aggression: We will launch invasions on some of the computer powers. Please list which non-Mongol powers you feel deserve the smackdown.

Solo aggression: The Mongols have hurt us throughout the game. Now they can taste our steel.

Holding: Let our legacy include staunch pacifism. We will only attack units after they attack ours, or invade our lands.

Other: List another option that I have forgotten.

Banana: Ship Abbott & Costello meet the banana king. If they are too busy laughing, they won't attack us.
    Kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out.
    18.18%
    Pick 'n choose, (list 'select' nations to invade)
    18.18%
    Mongols only.
    0.00%
    Nobody? Why fight unless we have to?
    54.55%
    C'mon, you can do better. What about this?
    0.00%
    Ship Abbott & Costello meet the Banana King.
    9.09%

The poll is expired.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Vikings are too small and too far away to be much of an issue. The Celts also not as likely to focus on the core cities. Japan is probably the most aggressive near us. Of course any armada that is sent in our direction should be dealt with accordingly.
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Let's squash those pesky Mongols and maybe the Japs too...wouldn't mind taking out the Celts as well but make sure that your careful in your invasions.
      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Is there really any point in seeking trouble at this late date? Let's get the SS launched and protect ourselves until it arrives.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
          Is there really any point in seeking trouble at this late date? Let's get the SS launched and protect ourselves until it arrives.
          This sounds good to me. Let's build a super fast ship; get to AC in 5.7 years; pat our selves on the back and think up a new democracy game.

RJM at Sleepers
          Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

This sounds good to me. Let's build a super fast ship; get to AC in 5.7 years; pat our selves on the back and think up a new democracy game.

RJM at Sleepers
            I agree with these comments
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

RJM at Sleepers
              yup, agree too, maybe the next should be... hell, I don't know, what IS are next game going to be?
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I have been thinking of the next democracy game, perhaps this should go in a new thread, but the ww79 scenario at diety level has always intrigued me.....
                "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

We could build manhattan and couse some enviromental changes

Comment

We could build manhattan and couse some enviro[n]mental changes.
                    That would fit under other...

Never really had nukes in mind when I made the poll.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

WW79 is a little intense...we would most likely end up in horrible global warming. We could play Red Front or 2194 Days of War or some other difficult scenario. Or we could play a game of WWII as the Allies and have a couple people be the Axis and the Russians. Or we could just have Yet Another Normal Game.

Comment

In ww79, if you want to avoid nuclear warming:

Play the Americans and don't nuke.

Play the Soviets, absorb all the nukes, and build lots of engineers.

With anyone else, you will get global warming.

Comment

Well, what I do is modify the rules.txt so that nuclear missiles have 0 moves.

Comment

the chinese and japanese have harrassed us long enough, let them taste our steel. The mongols have been a pain in the you know what for so long I want to burn their cities down to bedrock and start over again.

Comment

With an already-atrocious reputation, legacy is meaningless.

Let them taste our steel!!!

Targets chosen by proximity. Oh, and perhaps target a key civ or two to wipe out -- like those idiot Mongols.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                              X