Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cure for Cancer Poll

Should we build Cure for Cancer?

CfC will add one extra happy citizen in each city (and we have 39 cities)! It would cost us 600 shields or 12 Freight or 4800 gold (or some combination of the 3). The additional happy citizens would help to either get additional cities into WLTPD celebrations, free up some Elvises for useful work, or allow us to reduce the Luxury rate to increase our Science or Gold rates.

On the other hand, it is not needed for our Spaceship and will require resources we could use for other purposes.

And if we build it, WHERE should we build it?
    Yes, build it now
    34.78%
    No, don't build it
    17.39%
    If Yes, in Capitol
    0.00%
    If Yes, in Seville
    13.04%
    If Yes, in Valencia
    4.35%
    If Yes, in Pamplona
    13.04%
    If Yes, Someplace else (name the place)
    4.35%
    Bananas are a secret Cure for Cancer
    13.04%

The poll is expired.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

As pointed out in the SETI poll, the newer the city we build it in, the more cities that will benefit from it the round it is built. Of the listed cities, Pamplona is the youngest, although we could also build it in (youngest to oldest):
    Port Easton or Rabbitton for getting nearly all cites, or Obladi or Avila for cities similar in age to Pamplona.
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

We have 4 military fronts. Let's go for an easily defensible city on our home continent.

Otherwise, I have no preference concerning the city.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think ease of defensibility is worth more than having a few of the new citixens 1 turn early.
        Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
        Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
        Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Minority Report:

Don't do it!

The end is in sight. Steam straight to the finish line, ignoring such distractions!
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
            Minority Report:

Don't do it!

The end is in sight. Steam straight to the finish line, ignoring such distractions!
            What? Cities less likely to riot is a BAD thing? And how does it affted science?
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
              Minority Report:

Don't do it!

I agree with the bunny
              The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

12 Freights is cheap, considering the benefit. Not much of a distraction, really.... and it would help solve a lot of other problems. We have trade ministers wanting city celebrations and defense ministers wanting to build ships (and take them out of port). CfC would make both of those activities feasible, with no negative effect on science.
                "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                X