The president reports: 1874-188

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebear
    Actually, I was trying to encourage John to be more expansive and evidential in his posts.
    OK, Will get more happy people!
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

OK, Will get more happy people!
      *grins* I think what cavebear was trying for is how will more happy people improve our cities, with a specific example or 2 - no need to get as detailed as i did with cordoba Maybe a couple cities that will celebrate with CfC that can't without it, or a couple cities that will no longer need an elvis for contentment - that sort of thing

And just as a reminder, you need at least half the city happy, and no unhappy to celebrate
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Among other things, CfC will let us turn down luxuries a bit. Considering that we're getting no WLTPD in our biggest cities, 30% lux is kind of a drain on resources.
        "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
        "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
          Among other things, CfC will let us turn down luxuries a bit. Considering that we're getting no WLTPD in our biggest cities, 30% lux is kind of a drain on resources.
          Cordoba would prevent lowering luxuries even with the CfC.

On the other hand, with CfC, 29 of our current 39 cities would grow next turn.
          2 are limited by having navy at sea
          3 are limited by not being size 3 yet
          2 are limited by not having aquaducts
          2 are limited by not having marketplaces yet
          1 is limited the available food supply

The proofs are left as an exercise for the reader (or 123John321)

Just trying to support Cavebear in his encouragement of our foreign minister - Identifying each of the exception cities and letting the game citizenry know would be good practice in supporting an argument
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Justifying a wonder like CfC seems somewhat out of the jurisdiction of the Foreign minister

The Supreme Military Commander of the glorious Apolytonian democracy favours the CfC wonder as a use of idle food caravans. Increasing the happy people and celebrations will allow for a larger naval presence to protect our homeland.

And it just looks cool.

'Nuff said.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Where is the minister of war report for this week?

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                Justifying a wonder like CfC seems somewhat out of the jurisdiction of the Foreign minister

The Supreme Military Commander of the glorious Apolytonian democracy favours the CfC wonder as a use of idle food caravans. Increasing the happy people and celebrations will allow for a larger naval presence to protect our homeland.

And it just looks cool.

'Nuff said.
                Sometimes Ministers are also Citizens and have Citizen suggestions (something I forget sometimes), though it gets a bit tricky about that sometimes to know which hat you are wearing.

I rally think CfC is a good thing for us right now. And I mean "right now". Next turn, first turn of next turn. I normally have never considered CfC all that much of a thing, but our demographics are not my usual game. Now, this is a valuable addition.

The Minister of City-Planning very much wants CfC!
                Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  Where is the minister of war report for this week?
                  And I agree with you. I'd very much like to see some specifics about the Kazan and Issus fronts. My Workers are nervous about becoming expatriated or enslaved by conquerors. It disrupts their production...

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

if it's not up and running by the end of the night i may decide to fill in, IIRC ixnay wants to play again on wednesday.

Comment

if it's not up and running by the end of the night i may decide to fill in, IIRC ixnay wants to play again on wednesday.
                      I don't think that would be appropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

I don't think that would be appropriate.
                        why not? the VP's job is to basically make the president's job easier.

Comment

A coup?

I've got 4, count 'em 4, fronts to manage.

Kazan, Cartenna, Freeport and Issus!

We all know what happens to coupsters, when the Military Commander returns from his travels.

As it is, please post in one of the SMC reports posted. I'm sorry for the delay, but I had to figure the best way to defend each of the fronts.

If you want my job, please wait for the people and the elections at the end of the month.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

why not? the VP's job is to basically make the president's job easier.
                            I should have explained my comment, but I was tired. I think taking over a Minister's duties should be at the direct request of the Minister or the President. Obiwan has been here, just slow with his polls.

And perhaps I should have said it was "premature" rather than mention "appropriate".

Comment

Working...
                            X