Revised City-Planner Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah, i never remember to check that
    hmm, based on that Cartenna is 14.5 spaces away from that destroyer, and that Girba is the current capitol of the Carts, I'm guessing its NW of Gades, as its only 10 spaces to that coast... wonder what it demands tradewise?
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Speaking only as a Citizen, I'm thinking it might be on one of those islands, and very subject to attack.

Coordinates 26, 48 would be a likely spot for an AI to pick ( 2 Whales)... Or maybe 14,46 (1 Whale)...

It would make a good city for us to incorporate in to our Democracy, or a good city to trade with if we found it.
      Last edited by cavebear; February 11, 2003, 23:31.
      Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        Speaking only as a Citizen, I'm thinking it might be on one of those islands, and very subject to attack.
        hehe, maybe we should ask pres how close he gets to those islands during the transport runs. I pretty sure its not on the 2nd island north, as my transport rendesvous should have taken place on that coast to pass the gold north and the salt and cloth south (at least I recommended the space adjacent to the whale and the black space is gone from the sea that the transport would have passed through SW of kerman)

anyway, have there been any studies of when AI moves its capitol? I would guess that it would be moved closer to the center of its civ after a certain threshhold is reached in corruption?
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

LOL! I didn't even think to check at first, but "Girba" is the Carth Capitol! Now wouldn't *that* be a nice well-stocked city to find and take for our own? And it is a great mid travel place for our northern-bound transpiorts to find safety in.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

just in case anyone else wants to jump in

and just in case anyone is wondering about the map we are debating

here it is The destroyer circled is the one in question, and. Cavebear is suggesting we check out the black squares on the north and east islands to see if Girba is there. Certainly would be handy to have cities there as layover stops

Attached Files
            Insert witty phrase here

Comment

upon further review, the transport is from amazon island and is closer to Cartenna, so Girba can't be on the north island. distance wise, the 2-whale spot on the east island is viable, as is over by Gades somewhere.
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

That's an interesting thought. Once you get Girba pinned down I'll have to make a taskforce.

Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                X