No announcement yet.

WhereItsAt town and its Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the surface of it, it seems to make no sense. All the Workers of a city contribute equally to the overall trade applied to all the trade routes. I must be missing something. How can you remove “all the workers [on] a domestic trade route”? I don’t see how to separate them. Are there more than one domestic city involved?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

Saragossa would work too As for building requests, i don't consider all of them rush requests (i consider superhighways a 2-turn rush request)- sometimes i'm refering to adding to the build queue (such as Leon - freight first, then - ah, i see, you've added superhighways to its queue )

Yes, Saragossa is a fine place for it
      OK, Saragosa Aquaduct is rushed, Transport to be built next. And Panama Canal is set for "Rush Factory, Transport Next".

Happy Now?
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
        On the surface of it, it seems to make no sense. All the Workers of a city contribute equally to the overall trade applied to all the trade routes. I must be missing something. How can you remove “all the workers [on] a domestic trade route”? I don’t see how to separate them. Are there more than one domestic city involved?

For WIA town, when we deliver the oil freight, remove all the trade workers from Leon. It leaves 2 worker trade arrows, making it much less than either Canton or Vigo. Therefore, when the freight is delivered to CAPITOL, the city with the least trade arrows (Leon, 2 from workers) is the city replaced, not one of the other 2 cities. Once its delivered, end the workers holiday in Leon. Its the compliment to the concept of maximizing trade arrows to get the biggest payoff.
        Attached Files
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Wow, you never know what you'll learn from the Demo games.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
          Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
          Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
          Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear

I thought a new trade route would always supplant an existing one.

There is a great posting in the strategy thread related to early landings which explains how base trade arrows in the cities involved affect route replacement and blocking. It has a number of demo saves which helps people like me. A key point that was new to me is that you can adjust the number of base trade arrows before a delivery and then put them back after the delivery so that you achieve the result you want (replacing or not replacing an existing route) without having any impact on production, science or food.

RJM at Sleepers
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by SCG
              (...) St Pratski (...)
              My last name is spelled, "Praski" just to let you know, (and no, I'm not pist at that, just though you would like to know )
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321

My last name is spelled, "Praski" just to let you know, (and no, I'm not pist at that, just though you would like to know )
                YOU are pointing out a minor spelling error?

Comment

Oooh, the irony.

Stop, you're killing me.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                  X