Minister of City-Planning Election Poll and Campaigning Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cavebear

Give a person a banana, and they eat for a day. Give that person a city-planner, and he will be fed forever!

How DARE you say I'm corrupt. I am *shocked*, SHOCKED, I tell you! (for 500 gold pieces, I'll forget you ever said that...)

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Almost like the old joke, give a person a fish and he can eat for a day, teach a person to fish and he will sit around drinking beer all day
      What about this wonderful Quayleism: "Give a man a fish, he'll fish for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll fish for a lifetime!"

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000

What about this wonderful Quayleism: "Give a man a fish, he'll fish for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll fish for a lifetime!"
        So sad. But he was a typical Republican... (IQ around 90)
        Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Cave bear wrote: "So sad. But he was a typical Republican... (IQ around 90)"

I have heard of entire cabinets with interlects of about that level. Not mentioning any countries of course in our (unfortunately) politically correct society. Luckily Apolyton is not (usually) one of these, although we try damn hard sometimes
          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Luckily Apolyton is not (usually) one of these, although we try damn hard sometimes.
            To have an IQ around 90?
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18

To have an IQ around 90?
              Proof that it's a Democracy Game; anyone *can* be elected!

Comment

*looks at thread title*

Another supporting data point.
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Indeed, it has always been my goal in life to achieve the astounding IQ of 90!
                  "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                  Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                  Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

Joke:

A scientist had learned how to manipulate IQ. He was contacted one day by the smartest person in the world, a professor (SPITWAP). "I want to *lower* my IQ." he said; "I can't talk to anyone, nobody likes me, and I want to fit in".

Well, this was rather odd, but the scientist assured him he could take care of the problem. SPITWAP showed up at the lab one day and was guided to the machine. "This will lower your IQ 1 point per minute, and I will have a trained technician standing by. We will make you a 135 IQ person, and that should balance your desire to learn with your desire to be understood by others. SPITWAP was ecstatic!

The machine was placed on his head and the operation began. The technician watched the numbers count down. 210, 219, 218... The lab phone rang, and it was the technician's girlfriend. The tech watched the machine 197, 196, 195... but then started flirting with his girlfriend.

Suddenly, the tech noticed the numbers on the machine; 85, 84, 83... and jumped to turn off the machine.

"Professor, professor, are you all right"? SPITWAP responded, "10-4, good buddy".

OK, so it's a trucker joke...

Comment

Eh...
                      "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson
                      Former Minister of City Planning of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                      Former Minister of Science of the third Civ2 Democracy Game
                      Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game

Comment

I hope you are better at politics than you are at comedy.

Comment

Working...
                        X