Science 1865

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science 1865

We're headed down the home stretch: We researched Miniaturization & Automobile and begun on radio (half done). Here's what we have left to do for space flight:

Adv. Flight -> Rocketry
    Mass Production -> Computers
    Computers + Rocketry -> Space Flight

And here's all the extraneous techs that I'll put in the poll just for the sake of being complete:

Fundamentalism
    Genetic Engineering
    Guerilla Warfare
    Refrigeration
    Amphibious Warfare
    Fundamentalism
    0.00%
    Genetic Engineering
    0.00%
    Guerilla Warfare
    0.00%
    Refrigeration
    0.00%
    Amphibious Warfare
    0.00%
    Adv. Flight -> Rocketry
    0.00%
    Mass Prod. -> Computers
    72.73%
    Adv. Flight then Mass Prod.
    9.09%
    Mass Prod. then Adv. Flight
    18.18%

The poll is expired.

any of the ones to the way of a Space Vic, (I can't wait to run for Pres. again) and get the Robots too, the Mass Porduticon Plants will help with the Space Race!
    Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
      (I can't wait to run for Pres. again)

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

mass production is the tech that would provide the most immediate help. As for Adv Flight vs Computers, I would favor computers for the possible science boost if needed.
        Insert witty phrase here

Comment

I think we should go for Mass Production and Computers first. Building the SETI Wonder could be very helpful. Doubling our science output would allow us to either increase our tax rate or get the remaining techs faster.
          Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
          Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
          Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
          Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Two votes for mass production and computers.

Stay on the path to space!
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I say Mass Prod>Computers as well.

We want to get all the prerequisites for the space techs, before researching any of the space techs. Nothing worse than having Space Flight and Plastics stolen while you're back researching Atomic Theory, or something along those lines (The AI steals the space techs automatically).

Computers will jack up our science advance rate even further (SETI or Research Labs), giving us flexibility to celebrate, pile up taxes for space part rushbuying - or just research even faster.

Plus, Advanced Flight is something else we wouldn't want stolen.
              "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
              "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man

Plus, Advanced Flight is something else we wouldn't want stolen.
                The bombers from the AI rain bombs down on our parade.
                The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yes, you know the drill... the second the AI gets Advanced Flight, it comes at you with a dozen bombers, all built from scratch the same turn it gets the tech.

Usually attacking something that's out of range of any AI city, too!
                  "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                  "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

It looks like it is going to go pretty solidly for Mass Production and Computers... The observation that the AI will start attacking with Bombers quickly is a good one, too.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                    Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                    Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                    Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

mass production and computers over here too
                      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                      X