33.33%
    we can stand some more attacs just build mor units
    0.00%
    kill the Bannana
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Blessed Be

try out SCG's Idea
    I'm assuming you mean my post to bribe Kazan and use the engineers next turn, leaving the mongol cavalry alone till next turn? (since it can't take a city on its own if it survives the bribe)?
    Insert witty phrase here

Comment

The other possibility i suggested was to bribe Kazan, then reevaluate whether to attack or not (although i stand by using the engineers to connect Naples and Kerman next turn)
      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

bribe the calvalry, the city aint going anywhere
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

perhaps the cav is supported form the city, if we bribe the city, we may get the cav for free... and if you buy right now, not only will you get a calvary, but we will also through in a years supply of horse shows, all for the price of 9.99. but wait there is still more.... if phone in the next thrity seconds and can quote Pi to the ten thousandth place you will get a free set of ginsu steak knives
          "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
          "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

I voted for the first option, on the understanding that we bribe Kazan then act further according to how it changes the situation around Naples.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Bribe Kazan, then destroy enemy calvary with free troops.
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but aren't the 1st and 3rd options about the same thing?
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                  Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but aren't the 1st and 3rd options about the same thing?
                  by the end of the discussion there isn't that much difference, other than my plan seemed to give direction for next turn (build the road to Kerman, and reinforce with units from the other 2 cities if necessary). The closer to the front of the discussion you get, my initial suggestion was to leave alone/defend against the cavalry and go after the city as I saw it as the biggest threat.

Minister Arnold hasn't yet quite clarified exactly what he listed as my Idea, so i'm a little confused myself.

Originally posted by War4ever
                  bribe the calvalry, the city aint going anywhere
                  The City isn't, but its defenders might
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

The City isn't, but its defenders might

I can just picture it: "Civ 4: The Mobile Cities". "It's the far future. Civ2's mobile units gave way to Civ3's cultural influences. Now we take it to the final limit! MOBILE CITIES

Watch as your mobile cities slowly approach and engulf the smaller cities of the (still stupid) AI civs! Watch as after days of movement, your city finally absorbs neighboring cities as "suburbs"!

Watch as the newest game in the series emerges: "Sim-Civ"!

(sorry, couldn't help myself, the momentum carried me...)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebear
                      I can just picture it: "Civ 4: The Mobile Cities". "It's the far future. Civ2's mobile units gave way to Civ3's cultural influences. Now we take it to the final limit! MOBILE CITIES

Watch as your mobile cities slowly approach and engulf the smaller cities of the (still stupid) AI civs! Watch as after days of movement, your city finally absorbs neighboring cities as "suburbs"!

Quick, we need a new forum!
                      We need to get the ball rolling on this while the iron is hot

Last edited by SCG; January 20, 2003, 20:29.
                      Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by SCG

Quick, we need a new forum!
                        We need to get the ball rolling on this while the iron is hot

And, of course, you will have little control of the direction your individual cities move. The theme of the game will be that cities are sovereign and that you can only keep them in your shpere of general influence by unendingly building happiness Wonders and improvements...

LOL!

Comment

Sorry guys I ment the secound option. the one that our pres seaid thats crazzy enought that it just might work
                          Blessed Be

Comment

I say go after Kazan first to cover the right flank - and then take out the Cavalry. Since we don't know what's in Kazan, and it could be reinforced in the Mongols' turn, the city is the greater threat.
                            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

even if its reinforced, all the more to take in the bribery, and there is always the chance the city will go into disorder and we can get it cheaper
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X